GDT: [Game #4] Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't have a major issue with him challenging a rookie forward in a 1 on 1 situation to be honest with you.

It's not like he was 1 on 1 with Jaccob Slavin. He took a risk. It clearly didn't pay off. We march on.
I missed the OT goal but watched it after. I was expecting some absolutely brutal play by Benn based on this thread and the main forum. I wish he would have passed, but it wasn't the disaster I was expecting.

If you want to see a bad play, check out Vegas' 4th goal last night. :laugh:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My only thought on the Benn OT fumble was that if Guri did that under Bones, he would be benched awhile. I think we understood, after a while, that Bones may have been right, i.e., OT is all about possession. Sure, you have to shoot sometimes, and Jamie thought he could pull it off, but conservative might have won the day there, although I am not sure how. He was in a scoring position, so I can't tell what his other options might have been.

We knew it wasn't going to be 82-0, so it is what it is.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
- Took tons of penalties
- Backup in net
- On the road against a skilled and motivated team
- First line looked off
- Got a point

When you look at it that way, it's hard to be upset with getting a point out of this game. However, it always hurts me when we lose to the Leafs and watching them march to the penalty box over and over was quite frustrating.

Reactions: MBTendy and Elysian

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
My only thought on the Benn OT fumble was that if Guri did that under Bones, he would be benched awhile. I think we understood, after a while, that Bones may have been right, i.e., OT is all about possession. Sure, you have to shoot sometimes, and Jamie thought he could pull it off, but conservative might have won the day there, although I am not sure how. He was in a scoring position, so I can't tell what his other options might have been.

We knew it wasn't going to be 82-0, so it is what it is.
Not with that attitude thanks for the L

:)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I missed the OT goal but watched it after. I was expecting some absolutely brutal play by Benn based on this thread and the main forum. I wish he would have passed, but it wasn't the disaster I was expecting.

It was a mistake by Benn to think he had more time than he did, but it’s not like he lost the game. It was a confluence of the kind of chaos you only get 3 on 3.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

The play in and of itself isn't horrendous or anything, it's just that if I'm taking mental inventory of when the last time Benn tried to make a move like that and it actually worked and I really can't. I'd probably have to fire up some highlights from years ago. It's more the habit he has to try things that haven't worked for years and not adjusting. It's a facet of his game that drives me mad. In his head Jamie Benn can still do that beautiful toe drag move and rip one past any goalie in the league effortlessly, but he can't do either, and hasn't been able to for years.

Considering he's slow as shit and sucks at handling the puck now though, it is a bad move. 3 on 3 sucks now because it's all about conservative possession while waiting for someone to make a mistake so you can capitalize, and last night Jamie Benn made the mistake. He wasn't the only one, and I couldn't lay the blame of the game at his feet or anything, just one of those things that I think is irritating. I generally don't talk about him much because there isn't anything interesting left to say about the guy, I just wish there was some modicum of evolution in his game, but there isn't. Normally when he does this you get annoyed, but it's not a big deal because turning the puck over in the offensive zone isn't anything to cry about, but during a 3 on 3 he probably should just hold on to it and wait for a teammate to find open ice.

TLDR Jamie Benn is your mom who has just turned 29 for the 20th time, living in an alternate reality where she hasn't aged a day since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad