GDT: [Game #4] Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
At least Wedgewood looked fantastic. Sorry to you all and my nephew who paid to see these guys shoot themselves in the feet all night and somehow get a point.

Reactions: Sports2

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
I didnt' like the ending but I thought we played a solid game, and Wedgewood played well. I haven't read any comments but I think people are going to be mad at Jamie Benn, just a guess on my part.

Cheers.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
FfjwCTIVIAEN6Y7.png

Miro and Jamie not covering themselves in glory tonight...

Reactions: Amorgus

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not gonna let this game put a damper on the previous 3 tho tbh. Played basically an entire period on the PK and with our backup goalie playing his first game of the year against a team we almost never beat it feels like, we were very fortunate to get a point. Toronto was fired up after a bad loss

Just hope we can bounce back next game, which is something this team has been reallyyy bad about not doing for a longgg time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Damn that was an exciting game and glad to see Stars get a point out of it considering the 8… 8 PP’s the Leafs had.

Congrats to not our Robertson.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Too many penalties and yeah sadly Benn no longer is good enough for 3on3 OT . His stickhandling and passing was never that great but now its an enourmous weakness.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I think it's interesting to see DeBoer putting a lot of guys in spots they'd normally not get (this is most obvious with him giving almost everyone some PK minutes). I kinda get the feeling his doing this to figure out what he has.

Bonkers to see Lindell play over 10min on the PK :laugh:

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Having not watched the game, but having looked at the “context” of the box score, including 8 times on the PK, etc—I think a 3-2 OTL against the Leafs on the road is a “win” in many respects.

If the biggest weakness of the team right now is taking too many penalties, as an example, I’ll take it because it can be worked on, corrected, and cleaned up. It’s the stuff that can’t be changed (e.g. a bad or boring system, poor depth, etc.) that is the real concerning stuff.

Still a good start in my eyes. But of course, the rest of the road trip will be telling about what these Stars really are.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
But Benn did and that's just as bad
I think DeBoer gets the one mulligan while he's figuring out what's what.

Still, as a fan I was annoyed when I saw Benn fail another one on one move like the last few years haven't happened, the end after that was not surprising. It's been years since Benn was an elite hockey player and I can't believe he hasn't adapted his mindset whatsoever, the guy is mentally lazy. Seguin is out here busting his ass to redefine his game and how he plays, and here's Benn just pretending like it's 2016, infuriating every time.

First game I got to watch, guess I got unlucky, but Wedgewood played really well at least. His track record as a backup isn't well defined, so I think it's a nice start for him here.

Having not watched the game, but having looked at the “context” of the box score, including 8 times on the PK, etc—I think a 3-2 OTL against the Leafs on the road is a “win” in many respects.

If the biggest weakness of the team right now is taking too many penalties, as an example, I’ll take it because it can be worked on, corrected, and cleaned up. It’s the stuff that can’t be changed (e.g. a bad or boring system, poor depth, etc.) that is the real concerning stuff.

Still a good start in my eyes. But of course, the rest of the road trip will be telling about what these Stars really are.

Yeah, I think this is about right. It's just one game, but they definitely didn't play well and getting a point was a favorable outcome. I think they were saved by the fact that Toronto's best players weren't really that great either.

Reactions: LT and JesusNPucks

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sue me but I don't think Jamie had that bad of a game leading up to the mistake in overtime.

He just need to stop trying some of the plays he used to make when he was one of the topscorers in the league especially at 3on3.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Too many penalties and yeah sadly Benn no longer is good enough for 3on3 OT . His stickhandling and passing was never that great but now its an enourmous weakness.
This is exactly what I was thinking, the part about him no longer being good enough for 3-on-3 OT. The nice thing, is that I think PDB is the type of coach that would be okay “saying” that through his decision-making. Last night may have been all he needs to see to get to that point. Benn is still good enough to play in other important ways—just not that one.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He just need to stop trying some of the plays he used to make when he was one of the topscorers in the league especially at 3on3.
I don't have a major issue with him challenging a rookie forward in a 1 on 1 situation to be honest with you.

It's not like he was 1 on 1 with Jaccob Slavin. He took a risk. It clearly didn't pay off. We march on.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Sue me but I don't think Jamie had that bad of a game leading up to the mistake in overtime.
I think Benn has actually looked pretty good this season. Small sample size and the points aren’t there yet but outside of OT last night I like his game through 4 games.

I’m fine with 1 point last night. Back up goalie on the road, poor officiating. Take the point and get out of town.

Reactions: Kipper 17 and Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad