GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Islanders - 4:00 PM

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Strome's in. If McGinn is good to go, I imagine we've seen the last of Crouse.

Why would you want to tank at this point? Crouse has been really good until now. Why would you keep him just to send him down despite him playing well?
Honestly. Players like Vrbata, McGinn, McBain or Connauton are just useless.
They put Tinordi on waivers, fine. But you'd like to think that guys like the 4 above should be right there as well. Won't get claimed anyway...and even if the Leafs or Oilers are dumb enough to do so, it just gives us a chance to acquire a better player. Thinking of DeAngelo, Michalek, Fournier or Fischer, we also have better players inside the organisation.

Same thing with Chychrun. Played well -> next game he sits. With so many players underperforming there has to be room for imerging talents like Chychrun or Crouse.

Leddy out tonight for the Isles. Quite a chance to get a win.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He's definitely not playing tonight.

Also no morning skate so we probably won't get any lineup info till close to gametime.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Honestly. Players like Vrbata, McGinn, McBain or Connauton are just useless.
They put Tinordi on waivers, fine. But you'd like to think that guys like the 4 above should be right there as well. Won't get claimed anyway...and even if the Leafs or Oilers are dumb enough to do so, it just gives us a chance to acquire a better player. Thinking of DeAngelo, Michalek, Fournier or Fischer, we also have better players inside the organisation.

So you're trashing McGinn who has yet to play a game while also pining for a career AHLer (even that's generous) in Fournier? What the hell?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So you're trashing McGinn who has yet to play a game while also pining for a career AHLer (even that's generous) in Fournier? What the hell?

He should at least get a chance. I saw Florida's 4th line recently. I can assure you we didn't have a 4th line like that in years. McKegg (except a few games) and Harper played in minor leagues so far but they been dynamite for the Cats.

I've seen too much already from McGinn. He's more of an AHL-player than Fournier, trust me. I also told you that Vrbata is done. He might put up a few points if Tippetts continues to play him like he did until now but that really doesn't mean that he belongs in the NHL anymore.

Connauton came in and was just terrible. I get that he's been injured and stuff but I also never really liked him before. Dahlbeck is more solid. Shouldn't have waived the guy just to keep McBain who hasn't even been good for a minute so far.

I'd also like to bring back Michalek. He's getting older for sure but there's nothing wrong in having him as an extra or play him 10mins on the 3rd pairing.

DeAngelo also deserves a closer look the way he played during preseason.

I just don't get what they're trying to achieve here.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well you certainly debate the others but McGinn has a track record, isn't old, and hasn't even played a regular season game yet.

He's played too many already. Not for us but I've seen enough to know that we got better players in the organisation. It has been done before. I could also use other examples. Harper and McKegg are not the only ones. Glendening for example. Outstanding shutdowncenter. If it wasn't for Babcock the guy would probably still play in the AHL. Players pool is pretty deep. Just because a guy has been playing in the NHL it doesn't mean that he's better than what you got in the AHL or College, Junior leagues.

The Isles waived Parenteau without him playing a single game for them...why shouldn't we do the same with McGinn if we feel that we got better players in the organisation?

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You must be confusing Jamie for Tye, only conclusion I can come to.

They're both useless. The best one of the McGinn brothers is the youngest one, Brock. I actually liked Brock quite a bit from what I've seen. His brothers are too slow and are lacking skills.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Why would you want to tank at this point? Crouse has been really good until now.

Sending Crouse, a bottom 6 player down is not tanking. It's smart. Why keep him around if he's going to be getting limited minutes?? That isn't going to help his development. Ideally we'd like him to develop into someone who could be top 6, do that he's going to need to improve his skills with the puck. Not gonna get a chance to do that playing in a bottom 6 role.

Oh and a bottom 6 player isn't going to be the difference from us finishing bottom 5th last, 14th last, or making the playoffs.....

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sending Crouse, a bottom 6 player down is not tanking. It's smart. Why keep him around if he's going to be getting limited minutes?? That isn't going to help his development. Ideally we'd like him to develop into someone who could be top 6, do that he's going to need to improve his skills with the puck. Not gonna get a chance to do that playing in a bottom 6 role.

Oh and a bottom 6 player isn't going to be the difference from us finishing bottom 5th last, 14th last, or making the playoffs.....

There's no guarantee Crouse will ever be a top6 player. I see him more as a Dustin Brown type of player.
Detroit would have been a lot worse without Glendening in recent years. Other examples of bottom six players being very important could be Filppula or Doan. Doan is no top6 player anymore but he's been very important for the team...not just as a leader.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Connauton came in and was just terrible. Dahlbeck is more solid.

So far you're like 0 for 20 with your hot takes. Yeesh.

I've seen too much already from McGinn. He's more of an AHL-player than Fournier, trust me.

See, when you insist a worthless ECHL caliber goober is better than a 20 goal scorer, I'm inclined to not trust a damn thing you say.

You're now the 2nd new person to have a weird fixation with Fournier on this board. Is there some deep dark recess of Coyote fandom hiding out somewhere on the internet that's openly pining for this guy? I don't get it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I'd rather waive White and keep Crouse. I've liked what I've seen out of Crouse. Also, in the other thread you said it's only game 3 - and that goes for Crouse as well as it might for any of our other Junior-qualified players.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'd rather waive White and keep Crouse. I've liked what I've seen out of Crouse. Also, in the other thread you said it's only game 3 - and that goes for Crouse as well as it might for any of our other Junior-qualified players.

I agree on Crouse.

They brought in White to inject some energy. He's done exactly that. You could waive the guy and it wouldn't be a bad loss. But I'd waive others over him. McGinn or Vrbata for example. McGinn's skill level is just as low as White's...he's just slower and more expensive.
Also, White can play center and is actually a decent faceoffguy.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
There's no guarantee Crouse will ever be a top6 player. I see him more as a Dustin Brown type of player.
Detroit would have been a lot worse without Glendening in recent years. Other examples of bottom six players being very important could be Filppula or Doan. Doan is no top6 player anymore but he's been very important for the team...not just as a leader.

No there isn't a guarantee. But I'd rather take the option where Crouse has the best opportunity to develop. His impact in the bottom 6 isn't going be that big this year where it outweighs giving up a 2nd instead of a 3rd and possibly hurting his development.

Yeah I like Crouse more too. But I think going back will be better for Crouse and our team in the long term.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You're now the 2nd new person to have a weird fixation with Fournier on this board. Is there some deep dark recess of Coyote fandom hiding out somewhere on the internet that's openly pining for this guy? I don't get it.

He never played in the NHL so you cannot know. Just because you don't like the idea that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to perform in the NHL. Could be Fischer as well, I don't mind. Just saying that we got some terrible players on our roster and options to explore.

Again. Everybody thought Babcock was crazy when he brought up Glendening. Everybody thought Gallant went bonkers when he decided to play Harper. Small sample size here but he's been outstanding until now.

There are enough other examples. It's been done before.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I think I'd prefer crouse go down to work on his offensive game some more, get yeah get white the hell away from any NHL spot.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I agree on Crouse.

They brought in White to inject some energy. He's done exactly that. You could waive the guy and it wouldn't be a bad loss. But I'd waive others over him. McGinn or Vrbata for example. McGinn's skill level is just as low as White's...he's just slower and more expensive.
Also, White can play center and is actually a decent faceoffguy.

McGinn is a solid player. I don't know what your issue is with him.

Also, still no lineup?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Glendening sucks. I've seen people I trust quite a bit with evaluating hockey, say his line is the worst in the NHL.

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen:yo:
Honestly. That guy shut down Getzlaf/Perry and the Triplets line almost single handedly. Terrific faceoff guy. Wins almost all of the important faceoffs and is just like a shadow you just can't seem to lose. Forced Cooper to go with 7 defensemen or he would have lost the series in 2015. Tampa was 2-3 down. Glendening scored 2 Goals and 1 Assist in the series and was +1 despite mostly playing against the triplets. Triplets only had 4 goals in first 5 games, 3 of them in game 4.

Glendening is a terrific PK-guy, too. 2nd in hits and even 4th in blocked shots on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad