Shane Doan Goal Ticker:
Shane Doan is 3 goals away from #400

Notes and such:

Impression of the last two games:

Last edited by a moderator:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not sure that video is quite accurate sniper, there's like 10 whole seconds where the blimp is fine :sarcasm:.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
We win big, 5-2... only after do the players find out that no one actually gets that car that is in the building for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the car isn't there anymore.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
OP cleanup: game is today, Friday, 21 October and we still have the Montreal logo.

Original thoughts: let's tap the brakes on the Hindenburg stuff. It's two games, and no matter how bad I think MTL is, the records the last few years suggest the lineup they iced isn't exactly a lottery team. NYI is terrible, worse than us, and now they're down Okposo. Ladd is a fantastic player but I don't think they're better with him instead of Okposo. Ladd and Seidenberg and Beauvillier and Barzal have combined for 2 points so far -- maybe they're due for a huge breakout, or maybe they're having a bit of trouble melding their new lineup. I'll bet on the latter, and we can take advantage of that.

OT: fun facts about the Hindenburg. Those zeppelins were ****ing HUGE! Three times longer than modern heavy lift aircraft like the Airbus 380 / Boeing 747 / An-225. And SLOW! They cruised at like 70-80 knots, which to be fair is triple the speed of a boat, but it was still a full 24 hours to get across the Atlantic. They were pretty popular in the 1930's as high-end domestic transport in Germany -- a bit like the Southwest Airlines of its day -- but obviously airplanes overtook them shortly after WWII as a far superior and far safer way to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Islanders will play great; we will look completely disinterested. We will rope-a-dope our way to overtime despite being outshot 39-18 where we will lose in 26 seconds.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Strome's turn to sit if they are rotating Dvorak, Strome and Crouse. Or will they let him face his brother?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Let's win this and it will be a decent looking 2-2 start of the season for this completely revamped young roster, particularly considering that 3 of these games have been played on the East coast.

4-2 Coyotes

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
...but obviously airplanes overtook them shortly after WWII as a far superior and far safer way to travel.

Most of the large fatality air ship disasters involved hydrogen explosions (or as Elon Musk would say, a "fast fire"). Once they switched to helium, much safer.

In related news, Met Life is cutting ties with Snoopy. :shakehead

MetLife%20Blimp.jpg

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Most of the large fatality air ship disasters involved hydrogen explosions (or as Elon Musk would say, a "fast fire"). Once they switched to helium, much safer.

In related news, Met Life is cutting ties with Snoopy. :shakehead

MetLife%20Blimp.jpg

Aw man that sucks. I love Joe Cool.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Just come out and put a decent game together. We've looked like trash the last 6 periods.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Where did you find the line up?

I'm guessing on Strome but I think he'll play for the brother aspect. Parents will be in attendance I bet.

McGinn has joined the team as per Sarah. Practicing, not sure if he'll get in the lineup just yet.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Strome's turn to sit if they are rotating Dvorak, Strome and Crouse. Or will they let him face his brother?
Strome was one of the few in the "not horrible" bucket the past 2 games. Hope he plays.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Islanders 1-3, Leddy/Hamonic co-NHL leaders at -7 on the wrong side of +/-. Rough offseason, attempting to find an identity (beyond 91), so yeah...they'll likely come out flying.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Islanders 1-3, Leddy/Hamonic co-NHL leaders at -7 on the wrong side of +/-. Rough offseason, attempting to find an identity (beyond 91), so yeah...they'll likely come out flying.

Two teams in the same boat really. Let's at least get a point out of this one and then build off that. A win would be even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00