GDT: Game 4: Coyotes @ Islanders - 4:00 PM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sitting Duclair would be insane. Other than possibly Doan, he's the best right wing on the team.

Sitting didn't hurt Murphy last year. Don't know what games you have been watching but Duclair has not been good. Sitting him in the press box may be the best thing for him in the long run.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly I thought this was the best game we played, even better than the win against Philly. We were very fortunate to win that game imo. I thought the better lineup and lines were a bit reason for that. Good thing we're scratching strome again though.

I thought Strome played a good game and started to get involved more. I guess the coaches thought different. Sitting him won't hurt him though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We're going to sit Strome and maybe Duclair because they've made some mistakes... Can't wait for that fair and merit-based arbiter of icetime to hold Doan, Hanzal, and co to the same bench-stapling standards.

You may not understand this, but young players can benefit from sitting and watching the game in the press box. Just like Murphy last year and others before him. When Duclair and/or Strome are ever blessed to be as successful as Doan or Hanzal, they too will be in the lineup, as they have proven their worth.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
:laugh:Ok, go back 7yrs. That just shows what a great coach DT is and how he had his teams overachieve in EVERY year except one, while putting together a different team from other teams left overs year after year. Now your saying last year was misleading because the entire league improved in wins. How does that happen? Edmonton will pay you a fortune for that one.:) We were the laughing stock of the entire NHL in every area except on ice. We were a competitive team every year except that one year. The FO has done a terrific job, from drafting, trades and personal etc. etc. No one in the hockey circles is laughing now.

If this is year "two of the rebuild", what happened all the other sub .500 years? Every year but one? Where have you been all these seasons? Spin, spin, spin.

Am I correctly understanding that because Tippett had two first round exits and one cinderella run to the WCF with a Mike Smith hot streak back before the Mayan Calendar ended in 2012, or before Mitt Romney was the official Republican presidential candidate, he should just get a free pass for the past four seasons of unprepared, unmotivated onice awfulness? When, if ever, does this coach ever attain accountable status?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad