GDT: Game 4 | Columbus at Florida | 10/11 7PM

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Here's an excerpt from The Athletic article "The Worst Team I Ever Covered". The reporter covering the Canucks the year Torts coached wrote:

"In their glorious 18-year careers, the Sedins averaged more than 20 minutes a game in just one season. This is the one. It was their least productive season in a decade. Despite the ice time, they combined for just 97 points. The next year, with a different coach, they combined for 149 and they played far fewer minutes."

Torts using his three line / two and a half D pairings looks to follow this path again....Yeah, I know we won and should be happy - and i am.....but I'd like to see some semblance of a 4 lines, especially this early in the year. The old Torts always seems to be lurking.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What is with this boards fascination in whipping Wennberg.

Although he gave up 4 goals (all 4 not on him) Korpi had a solid game and held us in the game in the 2nd. Defense was pretty putrid as a whole (Team, not just defenseman) aside from the 3rd.

Win is a win. Onto Tampa

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
over 900 save % after 4 goal the defense kinda let him down
Yes the defense tonight did let him down, no argument there. Elite goaltenders tend to cover up the mistakes of the defense. He made some nice saves tonight, I am just saying he needs to have a save percentage better than .900

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Cam found a gift

"Gifts" like that are normally found around the "paint". There was a very similar play earlier in the game that he almost scored on.

Somebody should get on Instagram or Tumblr and let Wennberg and Milano know where to go to find these "gifts"....

And give a shout out to Cam '3rd line forward on the Florida Pantheres' Atkinson!!!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Thank you. A number one goaltender needs to be better than a .900 save percentage. He had a .897 save percentage last year. If he is to take the reigns next year, he needs to be better.

Last year he wasn't seeing as much playing time, no? Backup role is entirely different than a starting role that provides consistent playing time.

I'll take what we've seen from him thus far. Firmly believe the more regular starts he gets the better he'll get, and thats not even considering we don't have Jones back yet.

Reactions: thebus88

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
What's your opinion on '2c playmaker' Jenner?

Jenner looks good in the middle to me...…….

Austin Brothers Beer Co.: Milk Route Stout if anybody is wondering..

Nice clip.... There are 10,000 clips out there, that being said it was a great set up by Jenner and a great season for him overall... To bad we didn't continue it in CBUS..

CBJ had a great come back tonight.. Torts kicked some ass I guarantee.. The CBJ need more ass kicking if they are going to win anything...

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Anyone of them would do. How about the first one, even though it is a two on one, he didn’t go post to post but was slow getting to the left post. How about getting a big save with less than a minute to go in both periods when Florida scored with under a minute left? His job is to stop the puck. A save percentage of .902 won’t cut it on most nights. Tonight we were fortunate that Reimer was in goal

Bob's gone.

I am sorry, I am not sorry.

Reactions: CPTN71

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Torts using his three line / two and a half D pairings looks to follow this path again....Yeah, I know we won and should be happy - and i am.....but I'd like to see some semblance of a 4 lines, especially this early in the year. The old Torts always seems to be lurking.
Luongo is in net and there is a different song. But as you said win is a win. At least he put it heavy on Duclair. 20+ minutes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
More or less missed this one due to a prior commitment (I was able to glance over to a stream now and again, but not really watch). But the first thing I notice on the scoreboard is that we went 2 of 3 on the power play... and without that, we wouldn't have the win. I consider that a good development. Mostly. :)

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Here's an excerpt from The Athletic article "The Worst Team I Ever Covered". The reporter covering the Canucks the year Torts coached wrote:

"In their glorious 18-year careers, the Sedins averaged more than 20 minutes a game in just one season. This is the one. It was their least productive season in a decade. Despite the ice time, they combined for just 97 points. The next year, with a different coach, they combined for 149 and they played far fewer minutes."

Look at the Vancouver Canucks then, and since then.....

Fire YOU.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Wennberg came back to earth (from the last game).

Played just 0:48 on the PP.
Was a whopping 1/12 on faceoffs. Now 11 for 40. 27 percent. Wow.
-1. With 2 penalty minutes and 2 giveaways.

Duclair was a beast and CBJ’s best forward aside from Bread. Dubois had a solid game. Nuti had his worse game of the season so far, didn’t look comfortable at all.

Fun fact: Boone Jenner is now 18/23 on faceoffs this season... which is an incredible 78 percent.

Onto the next one. 3-1-0. Go Jackets.
Yes, Wennberg too was on the ice over 15 min 5 on 5, without one shot going on goal by anyone on his team . That’s the passive Wennberg we know . Him and Foligno should be embarrassed by how they played tonight

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I agree - you could see the tired legs. Someone needs to stop Torts when he shortens the bench.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Look at the Vancouver Canucks then, and since then.....

Fire YOU.

They immediately bounced back after firing Torts, making the playoffs the following year. There's really no way to shine that season for Torts. He was terrible.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Can you say when 2nd started? :D But high danger chances were even. 12 for Jackets 13, for Florida

1e67bf0f0353a1c62a92720539040a32-full.png

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yes the defense tonight did let him down, no argument there. Elite goaltenders tend to cover up the mistakes of the defense. He made some nice saves tonight, I am just saying he needs to have a save percentage better than .900

Nobody is in here saying "without Korpisalo the CBJ don't win this game".

Would not be the case if Bob played....just saying.

Here's a question, does Bob FOR SURE start net game?

For those of you that are sure he does, were you sure, that he was gonna start tonight?

40+ shots, he prolly will start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad