Injured
Kiselevich, Luongo, MacKenzie

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I just hope Panarin doesn't forget what team he is playing for
Maybe he'll see all 10 fans that show up and realize it isn't for him. :sarcasm:

So last game I said Foligno and Wennberg needed to get their heads out of their asses... So lets see, who needs to do that tonight? I'm going to go with Boone. Boone, get your head out of your ass.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Somehow, someway we usually give up 50 shots to them when we play down in Sunrise..

So I'm expecting something like 4-3 going either way..

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It appears that management is committed to seeing what Korpisalo can do. They've put themselves in a position where they have to be so they may as well find out if he can be a credible 40+ games NHL goalie.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
It appears that management is committed to seeing what Korpisalo can do. They've put themselves in a position where they have to be so they may as well find out if he can be a credible 40+ games NHL goalie.

Yes, while keeping the ears open on the market for goalies. Giving him more starts is a smart thing to do.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Will Hannnikainen get a game ? Since Milano and Sedlak doesn't seem to show up anyway. I would also like to see Kukan but the 3rd pair played pretty good last game.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Will Hannnikainen get a game ? Since Milano and Sedlak doesn't seem to show up anyway. I would also like to see Kukan but the 3rd pair played pretty good last game.
Kukan is unequivocally better than Harrington. I don't understand this need to get Harrington more playing time, when he's almost always directly responsible for a goal against whenever he plays.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Kukan is unequivocally better than Harrington. I don't understand this need to get Harrington more playing time, when he's almost always directly responsible for a goal against whenever he plays.
I still think so too but last game the parring was great and torts probably doesn't wanna change something that is working alright right now and he wasnt on ice when any of the col goal happened

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Harrington was at his best last game but still Kukan the game before was better than Harrington at his best.

I don't get the idea of Duclair as a PP savior. His main skill is his wheels, not his hands. He's not a great shooter or passer. I was actually encouraged by the PP last game. They were working the puck down low and re-establishing that as a scoring threat, which makes the - ahem - bread and butter play up top all the more dangerous.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
On a non-back-to-back.. What gives?
Writing is on the wall and Bob won’t be returning , so is Korpi / Merzlikins the answer next year ? If Korpi plays well , you have your answer , if not , they will need to know and figure out who to target/ trade for, as a tandem with Merzlikins . Legace , our goalie coach recently said in an interview , that Merzlikins was NHL ready now . Personally I love this approach . If we can have a tandem of Korpi/ Merzlikins , for 2 mill per year , that’s an 8 mill savings on what they would pay Bob . That’s 8 mill that can be used , on another elite offensive talent . Currently our team has 1 scoring line , and 3 pretty solid lines , but we also have Anthony Duclair , playing on our #1 power play tonight . That’s not a knock on Duclair , per say , but you need atleast 2 elite offensive weapons to win a cup in today’s Nhl .

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Writing is on the wall and Bob won’t be returning , so is Korpi / Merzlikins the answer next year ? If Korpi plays well , you have your answer , if not , they will need to know and figure out who to target/ trade for, as a tandem with Merzlikins . Legace , our goalie coach recently said in an interview , that Merzlikins was NHL ready now . Personally I love this approach . If we can have a tandem of Korpi/ Merzlikins , for 2 mill per year , that’s an 8 mill savings on what they would pay Bob . That’s 8 mill that can be used , on another elite offensive talent . Currently our team has 1 scoring line , and 3 pretty solid lines , but we also have Anthony Duclair , playing on our #1 power play tonight . That’s not a knock on Duclair , per say , but you need atleast 2 elite offensive weapons to win a cup in today’s Nhl .

If Korpi looks like he can be a starter this year he's not going to accept $1m per this summer. I'm not sure if arbitration would work in our favour there. And even if it's still a modest $3m for our goalies in total, if they're capable of starting, that price tag won't last long. It will give us a lot of cap space next year and maybe some the year after, but likely more cap space than we will be able to use in the short term.

If Panarin and Bob are gone that leaves the club with ~$20m in space - more than enough to sign the two best UFA forwards after Panarin (Stone and Duchene), and odds are we won't have the privilege to sign both, and possibly get neither of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad