GDT: Game #4 Colorada in Vegas. Puck drop ~ 6:40pm MT. Avs Board is with the Boys tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The first two goals shouldn’t have gone in for sure, the first goal wouldn’t have gone in had he just kept on playing.

Who knows what would have happened if we have a chance 1-0 lead for a long stretch.

We were 6 minutes away from a 3-0 series lead, we are competitive in this series despite playing like s****. Just win game 5 and all will be forgotten. We played all year for home ice and it’s time to take advantage of it.

Reactions: Newusername

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
They scored one goal and got embarrassingly outplayed. Unless you think Grubauer should have had a shutout this is quite the take.

These are not mutually exclusive concepts. The fact of the matter is that Grubi muffed at least 3 of those goals. One was his noted absolute lack of a glove hand. Two were poor positioning. And one, quite frankly, was him being unable to control his movement backwards. So 4 of the goals were soft.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This series isn't over and anything can happen as it can go either way, but take a look around the league and the teams that are out, and the teams that are remaining and are poised to make a deep run, it's no coincidence that teams who are healthy and have a full lineup, are advancing, and the teams that were missing key players are out.

Florida without Ekblad no chance against Tampa.

Jets without Scheifele about to get swept and etc...

Tampa fully healthy not missing any key players, same with Vegas.

Avs are still missing very key players that you need for a deep run.

Calvert
Kadri
EJ
Even LOC is important for this team's bottom 6

Every year is the same story with the Avs. At some point they need a full complete lineup for a deep run

Last edited:
Reactions: drhiii

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
This series isn't over and anything can happen as it can go either way, but take a look around the league and the teams that are out, and the teams that are remaining and are poised to make a deep run, it's no coincidence that teams who are healthy and have a full lineup, are advancing, and the team that we're missing key players are out.

Calvert
Kadri
EJ

Every year is the same story with the Avs. At some point they need a full complete lineup for a deep run

Everybody knows by now (and i bet Sakic knows too) that we can not count on Calvert and EJ and LOC was already out long term at the deadline.

Sakic did a poor job addressing our needs this year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The first two goals shouldn’t have gone in for sure, the first goal wouldn’t have gone in had he just kept on playing.

Who knows what would have happened if we have a chance 1-0 lead for a long stretch.

We were 6 minutes away from a 3-0 series lead, we are competitive in this series despite playing like s****. Just win game 5 and all will be forgotten. We played all year for home ice and it’s time to take advantage of it.
But that's the thing - we aren't competitive. This series should be 3-1 Vegas right now, it is not close whatsoever.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
But that's the thing - we aren't competitive. This series should be 3-1 Vegas right now, it is not close whatsoever.
Nobody asks how, we were also 1 broken play away from a 3-0 series lead. It’s now a BO3 with home ice, time to just get it done.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
This series isn't over and anything can happen as it can go either way, but take a look around the league and the teams that are out, and the teams that are remaining and are poised to make a deep run, it's no coincidence that teams who are healthy and have a full lineup, are advancing, and the teams that were missing key players are out.

Calvert
Kadri
EJ

If you Had watched the whole game you wouldn’t think this way. Vegas was/is the 99.999% better team in every aspect. Gru was the least of our problems.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Didn't get to watch the game but does it mean we're gonna lose in 6 now?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's his 6th suspension...
Yup. Kadri just doesn't get it. The same what Chris Simon didn't get it. The same way Raffi Torres didn't get it. The same way Zac Rinaldo didn't get it. He got kicked out his city because he didn't get it and its possible Joe does the same with him here because hate it or love it the loss of Kadri has hurt this team this round. The Avs C depth was an advantage against the Knights but not anymore. Kadri is also the balance the Avs bottom 9 ecosystem needs. Remove that and you have a guy like Compher playing over his head and likely why Donskoi and Bura have been total disasters.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yup. Kadri just doesn't get it. The same what Chris Simon didn't get it. The same way Raffi Torres didn't get it. The same way Zac Rinaldo didn't get it. He got kicked out his city because he didn't get it and its possible Joe does the same with him here because hate it or love it the loss of Kadri has hurt this team this round. The Avs C depth was an advantage against the Knights but not anymore. Kadri is also the balance the Avs bottom 9 ecosystem needs. Remove that and you have a guy like Compher playing over his head and likely why Donskoi and Bura have been total disasters.
The freaking victim complex about this Kadri suspension here is mind boggling to me. The guy is the most suspended player in the league, of course his suspension is going to be heftier than everyone elses.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not about to blame Grubauer. Dude finally let in a couple bad ones (I don't consider that first one a bad one, and that 110% on f***ing Nemeth), but that doesn't matter when the top line is doing absolutely nothing and you have one Brandon Saad goal to show for all your offense. He's been stellar. Can't expect a guy under siege to be perfect every night.

I think, also, Bednar and Pratt need to get these guys to settle down defensively. They're getting WAY too panicky every time Vegas charges down the ice and here's an obvious example.

Reactions: dahrougem2

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
That is something I’ve noticed for awhile myself. I’ve gotten blasted for say it but Bednar never seems to take any accountability. It’s always the players need to do this and that but never talk about the coaches needing to fix anything. Even with Roy and his ego he had mentioned before that the coaching staff needs to step up.

I will agree with you. Is one thing to do it as part of strategy. It another to see it as 'never'. That's my takeaway too. Not occasional strategy but always. It grows, or wears, on a group.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Hot take. I think putting Byram in game 5 would turn him into more of a hated player than Nemo. He hasn’t played in weeks and then shove him into a hard fast paced game that he’s never played in one remotely like before. I’d wager he scores on us more than help keep the puck out of the net. And that’s nothing against him. It’s just asking probably way to much from sitting in the press box. Might even hinder his confidence moving forward period. But I’m also not employed by any hockey body so my actual opinion is meaningless. Just my thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00