Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Vrana is not that good positionally, though. He's not good defensively and had problems with turnovers in the Columbus series and at times in the regular season. We saw some of that positional weakness at times in Game 3 when he did play more in the third period, even if it was offset by offensive play. Some of that could be poor timing due to hardly playing and finally playing with skilled players where there's a lot more going on but IMO it's the right call putting him on the third line. I'd also keep the door open for Gersich taking his spot should he play a more effective all-around game. Should they have a narrow late lead you've got to expect Beagle to take that spot and for Trotz to shorten the bench.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I am shocked, pleased, but shocked.

New Barry?

Date Barry?

giphy.gif

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
i think they'll beat the crap out of us tonight. hope the guys prove me wrong but i have low expectations for G4, its basically a must win for penguins

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
i think they'll beat the crap out of us tonight. hope the guys prove me wrong but i have low expectations for G4, its basically a must win for penguins

It’s a must win for us too. If we win this game, we win the series IMO

I’m happy for Gersich although he won’t see much playing time. More Vrana will be nice though

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
We may want to have Orpik chop down Hagelin so he can keep up. Yep hit malkin / attack his side of the ice (great idea @marcel snapshot), and finally.....

unleash the playoff beash... ok Shane Gersich. He is going to be flying. I am calling it, he draws a penalty and Ovi scores on its PP.

department of penguin safety

@Capathetic POTD candidate.

Love it!

Pens fans are mostly ego maniacs who would rather get swept by any team than lose one game to Ovechkin and the Caps because it might shine some light that maybe Sid isn’t hands down the best player of this generation.

Come on Caps. Beat them. Make them all cry like Trump just got elected to a third term.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Before the end of Game 3, Vrana even in limited time was creating things offensively. I hope he seizes the moment. I like DSP on the top line to start the game, but depending on matchups, I'd like to see Barry actually move parts around tonight. Throw Stephenson on the top line for some shifts, Vrana on the second line for some shifts, especially if they get down a goal

I don't know what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if we come out full of piss and vinegar and try to show the Pens we're not going to back down. I also wouldn't be surprised if Barry tries to absorb the early surge from them. I do feel different about this team actually, sadly I'm starting to believe.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

I think it's a foregone conclusion.

I also saw this just now, ugh:

Going from 67% possession to 47%. :(

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Before the end of Game 3, Vrana even in limited time was creating things offensively. I hope he seizes the moment. I like DSP on the top line to start the game, but depending on matchups, I'd like to see Barry actually move parts around tonight. Throw Stephenson on the top line for some shifts, Vrana on the second line for some shifts, especially if they get down a goal

I don't know what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if we come out full of piss and vinegar and try to show the Pens we're not going to back down. I also wouldn't be surprised if Barry tries to absorb the early surge from them. I do feel different about this team actually, sadly I'm starting to believe.

I know. It sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad