Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
They've pretty much managed to kill my enthusiasm for this series with the absurd length of the suspension. More of the "here we go again with this league stacking the deck " was definitely the wrong way for them to go. 1 game as a message to tone it down would've been fine . This looks like an attempt to fix the series.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think it's like 95/5 that we see Boyd instead of Gersich. Boyd's the one who has been doing line rushes for oshie, so it only makes sense that he's the next guy in

I keep telling myself that, but Barry is hesitant to use a young / inexperienced guy up top. If you have to plug and play a scratch into a top 6 role, Boyd is the guy for you. But if he is moving up DSP, then he needs to recall a bottom 6er, or at least someone that fits properly in a check/energy etc role. But its varry Barry to just stick a young skill guy on 4 with grinders. He has to learn!

Yeah, learn feet to the fire all about playoff pace. Which is one reason I like Gersich. He can play the fast game, and their D are not expecting us to have a burner. Especially their ogre.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
giphy.gif

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Nah nothing dirty tonight. Don’t give them any free power plays more than their quota of six they they’re going to get tonight.

Play a hard physical game and hope that Holtby remains big in the crease. A win tonight is important.

Plus it’s pretty clear that the department of penguin safety have their eyes on this series now. Comparing Caps and Pens is the new apples to oranges aparently.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Put DSP out there with line 1 for offensive or defensive zone faceoffs. That let's him be utilized well for the match-up plays, and help mitigate his skating issues. Then shift Vrana or Stephenson up to line 1 for shifts coming off of the bench. That makes it harder for Pitt to exploit that match-up and allows their skating to be a factor in transition.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No chance I want Vrana on the ice with 71. No.
That's why you have three lines you can roll. Plus the myth that Vrana is poor defensively is overblown. Just because you're a rookie doesn't mean you suck on your own half of the ice. Vrana's wheels enable him to get back quickly on plays that other forwards (*cough DSP cough*) would be trailing by 10 feet. We've seen it multiple times already this post season. Skating enables good defense.

Reactions: OvechkinTooth

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
That's why you have three lines you can roll. Plus the myth that Vrana is poor defensively is overblown. Just because you're a rookie doesn't mean you suck on your own half of the ice. Vrana's wheels enable him to get back quickly on plays that other forwards (*cough DSP cough*) would be trailing by 10 feet. We've seen it multiple times already this post season. Skating enables good defense.
Agreed, Vrana is fine. He's not lazy and that is the main thing about him.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Great, so as the Caps get weakened, the Pens get faster/stronger. Definitely need to take it out on a lame Malkin. He’s slow and so easier to line up.
Naturally Malkin is not lame. Its probably an injury that still bothers him. He's very dynamic when he's on.
I'd rather swap Connolly and Gersich here though
I would too. Wouldnt play Connolly at all if I am Trotz.

Reactions: Blades of Steel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad