GDT: GAME #4: Canucks @ Flames again, this time with more Miller | 6:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
A gif of Edler just barely clearing the puck up the boards in the corner, then promptly just collapsing to the ice all by himself, would pretty aptly sum up this game.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Oh now this we are already emotionally trained.

It's the typical dominate first period take lead, get dominated and outshot (take 3-5 shots) the next one and a half period, then actually try the last half period to give the fan base some hope, and then slowly and crushingly lose.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Coaching is part of it as the system is either as bad as the swarm or is completely non-existent. But this is compounded by a roster full of players who have no business getting a regular shift in the NHL.
I get what you're saying but if the personnel is that bad, then you coach it differently. Look how much mileage Mike Yeo got out of basically an AHL lineup his first few years in Minnesota. If Beagle is too slow, slot in Bailey and play a tighter system to compensate.

Reactions: biturbo19

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It seems like the only goals they can score on Marky are flukey ones

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I was also one of the people who thought hamonic could be at least 80% of what Tanev was.
I understand he had no training camp but holy hell.

How can he regress so fast, I’ll give him another week before I overreact though

Reactions: Grub and geebaan

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Like that last shift EP had a lot of energy, ready to wind it up. Edler hesitates and then passes it to his d-partner, which lets Calgary solidfy the trap. Then they get forced into a RW dump which is where the trap funneled them. Not once did EP have a chance to get a touch.

A smarter team would be getting him the puck as much as possible.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I was also one of the people who thought hamonic could be at least 80% of what Tanev was.
I understand he had no training camp but holy hell.

How can he regress so fast, I’ll give him another week before I overreact though

Stay positive and keep the good vibes going bro.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Pettersson and Hughes need to step up their game.

Powerplay should be burying a couple every game, the capable personnel is there the execution and finish isn’t.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Flames fans warned us.
Every single fan base has "warned us" about various players and the eternal optimist that Canucks fans are we seem to think that a "change of scenery" is all that is needed to turn shitty skills into winning formula. Or shitty effort levels into solid work ethic.

This team is and was built by Benning.

We literally let Markstrom and Tanev go not because we thought hmmm we can do better but because we have so many shit contracts on the books we were forced to.

And even if those contracts come off the books in he next couple of years we will be paying higher salaries to our good players with nothing coming up.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
At risk of repeating myself, I’m still waiting for the 10 game mark before deciding what to make of this team.

I know it doesn’t look good tonight, nor the last 2 games, but perhaps it’s my age that just refuses to react too quickly. I’m more of a wait and see type of person, and it’s served me well so far.

B18E9523-261C-4777-9066-9B6FEA4D0B4B.jpeg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Also now what teams are doing is to send their fastest guy against Hughes to just harass him. Then it basically cripples the only d-pair that is usually any good.

Even when Quinn has been good this season the other two pairs are often a disaster.

Your offensive guys can't do much when you're on your heels and playing defence 2/3 of the game. And on top of that those d-men are doing a good job feeding the forwards when they aren't stuck in their own end.

I mentioned this is exact same thing in a different thread the other day that this is what will happen as he is the best pick mover on the team and one of the best in the league. It’s why the ideal partner for him is not a traditional defensive d-man with stone hands but rather another guy that is good at moving the puck (goes for any pairing really).

He had that to a certain degree with Tanev. He doesn’t with Hamonic so far. As a result he is neutered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad