Post-Game Talk: GAME #4: Canucks 4, Lightning 1: In his temple of energy, Boeser gets off the schneid!

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Can anyone else tell my what Troy Strecher brings to this team. Definitely not an NHL defender.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Benning got lucky with Pete.... He could have done so much more...

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Is it a new defensive approach for your entire team to stop, freeze and look perplexed when an opposing player has the puck in front of your net? The Canucks have been doing this so long that this seems to be a new philosophical less is more approach to defense.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dont understand why a powerhorse like Tampa has a guy like Girardi who Rangers fans WHINED so much about for so long. He doesnt look good

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Their GM established a tradition of developmental excellence for two organizations and won two Calder Cups before he was 40 f*** I'm so jealous of Tampa Bay

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This is what a good organization can do
The cringe part is that there's probably people who will say "yeah but they haven't won a cup" without recognizing that hockey is the sport that has the most luck involved in comparison to any major N/A sport.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Yeah, Canucks are getting dominated in every zone. Goldobin with the only strong scoring chance of the game so far. Want to see more Pettersson/Goldobin, but seems like we're buckling in for a phalanxian defensive effort and apparently that means minimizing the rooks. I like Green, but don't like how much Sutter/Granlund we're seeing tonight.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Every time I see Braydon Coburn, he triggers a lot of memories for me. There was a period where he was arguably the most dominant WHL player I've ever seen. I can remember watching with my own eyes one game where he scored four goals and knocked the heavyweight champ of the league the **** out in the same game.

The alchemy that determines what a player becomes in the NHL is so fascinating. Coburn is a fraction of what I thought he'd be in the NHL. He's still very good but it's interesting he's a pretty safe middling NHL defenseman when he was a complete monster in the WHL.

He was a very good player for the Flyers for a good period of time. He just got old. Flyers got a great return for him given his caliber at the time though.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
How is Gudbranson in the NHL

To add, that was AHL 6th pairing defender bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad