Post-Game Talk: GAME #4: Canucks 4, Lightning 1: In his temple of energy, Boeser gets off the schneid!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Pew61JN.png

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
To continue the discussion from the previous thread, Leipsic is fun to watch. Loud noises! Flashing lights! But ultimately he accomplishes nothing.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He put up a 56 point pace at the end of last year here.

I'm willing to give the guy chances over proven failed commodities like Granlund.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
Like I said in the other thread, I feel like tonight will be a win. Sometimes we seem to be able to beat the big teams, while losing to shitty ones.

Markstrom/Nilsson aren't going to shit the bed every single game. They do have games where they are on fire, although once every 10-20. Maybe I'm predicting a fire game from one of our goalies too soon after Game 1 against Calgary? :P

Hopefully Boeser can pot one. I don't care how he does it. Pettersson can continue to feed him, and I'm sure he'll get one eventually. I know he's not 100%, but a goal for him would give a lot of confidence, even if he knows he's not 100%.

Hopefully the Pettersson Point Streak continues. :)

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
He put up a 56 point pace at the end of last year here.

I'm willing to give the guy chances over proven failed commodities like Granlund.

Well that's a low bar.

But look how much leeway he's gotten from Green so far. Last season he averaged 16 minutes. Now he's down to 10. Goldobin by comparison had 12 minutes ATOI last season and this season, and his scoring is improving. And this is with far less faith shown to him by the coach.

I didn't say I didn't like Leipsic, but I don't know how you can argue he has a very high event style of play for relatively little output. Didn't he have a huge hot streak when he got here last year and then tailed precipitously?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Whats the hopes for this game, other than winning? I hope for at least one point from Alien and Goldgoblin.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I highly doubt we score more than 2 goals here on a rested Tbay team that hasnt played since Saturday and that also features Hedman Vasilevsky.

6-2 Bolts

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
6-3 Tampa. Ep with his first hatrick in the NHL. One step closer to Hughes, one step closer to benning being canned.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

yes he's been really good. His creativity so far is 2nd to the Alien.

if he can sustain it for most the year we may have struck some gold in that Hansen deal. It's nice to see some positive signs amongst the forward group...especially with the Henrik and Daniel void.

Could you imagine what our D would look like without Tanev and Edler right now??? Now thats a Halloween thought

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
To continue the discussion from the previous thread, Leipsic is fun to watch. Loud noises! Flashing lights! But ultimately he accomplishes nothing.

So far, his biggest noticeable strength has been offensive zone entries. He is pretty decent at skating the puck into the offensive zone and maintaining possession. Definitely a high event player, for better or worse, though.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Like I ALREADY said twice: 8-3 Tampa

Our goals by Goldobin Boeser and Sutter/Granlund

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Whats the hopes for this game, other than winning? I hope for at least one point from Alien and Goldgoblin.

Hoping for at least 2 points from the Alien. Hope he gets a break away goal this game.

Last edited:

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

As a poster mentioned from the previous games... looks like a small water bug darting around doing absolutely nothing.

With that said, the offense is not the problem right now. The defense will make us get a top 5 pick.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Whether the Canucks win our lose tonight is largely out of their hands I imagine. Just depends on if Tampa plays well, puck luck, and if Nilsson can stand on his head.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
As a poster mentioned from the previous games... looks like a small water bug darting around doing absolutely nothing.

With that said, the offense is not the problem right now. The defense will make us get a top 5 pick.
Our D is mediocre (to put it bluntly)...but in the last two games the forwards have done very little to support the D and goaltending..There's constant missed assignments by the forwards ,leaving the D completely vulnerable,and the goalie into a shooting gallery.

As the D are the last line of defence,they are constantly crapped on...The disconnect between the forwards and D is real..In the transition game up ice,and in the defensive end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad