GDT: Game 4: Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 10/12/13 - 2PM ET - NESN(HD), 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycbruins*

If mcquaid sucks & bartkowski had a terrible game relative to this team, then this is one of the best defenses ever constructed seeing as neither of those things is really true.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I agree re-MARCHAND

Rask is the best goaltender in the NHL IMO. So calm and confident.

Marchand has his head up is ass right now. Don't know what's going on there, but it's quite apparent his head isn't in the game. Bergeron and Eriksson both performed much better with a simple hard working player on their wing.

Bartkowski looked off. Umburger simply blew by him at least three times. With that said, I still think McQuaid is the weakest link among the 7 defenseman.

Neither Seidenberg or Boychuk should ever see PP time. Having a heavy shot does not make you a PP QB. Lateral mobility, shot selection, and decision making are much more important traits when selecting point men for the man advantage.

I'm another game or two away from jumping on the Jordan Caron band wagon. He's been consistently bringing it since the puck dropped.

Not sure what's up with him, maybe he misses his buddy SEGUIN? Whatever it is, I agree, he's playing like crap right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's the thing though, he needs to be good everytime he gets the chance, otherwise, what is the point of taking a guy like Hamilton out who was playing well?

double edged sword, he needs to be good everytime you say however, as sharp as a player thinks he stays when watching, nothing can simulate the actual game itself and it`s not easy for a player to watch, then just step in and play seemless hockey, not at the D position that`s for sure.

Not sure if I was watching a different game, by taking into account it had been weeks since his last game action, I thought Bart played perfectly fine

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am curious what's up with Marchand-I hate that this would be pouting over Seguin-at this stage in his career he should know hockey is a business and sometimes business decisions means friends go elsewhere.

I sometimes think he is trying to do too much-he often holds onto the puck too long or makes the high risk pass over the more certain one and similar. He maybe just needs to work on simplifying his game and perhaps a move to the third line will help that.

I remember a season (seems like it was the 2011/2012 one) where Marchand was briefly shifted back to the 4th line to help simplify his game.

Or maybe Marchand hasn't been able to channel his inner rat-when he is playing the rat his game is often more effective.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am curious what's up with Marchand-I hate that this would be pouting over Seguin-at this stage in his career he should know hockey is a business and sometimes business decisions means friends go elsewhere.

I sometimes think he is trying to do too much-he often holds onto the puck too long or makes the high risk pass over the more certain one and similar. He maybe just needs to work on simplifying his game and perhaps a move to the third line will help that.

I remember a season (seems like it was the 2011/2012 one) where Marchand was briefly shifted back to the 4th line to help simplify his game.

Or maybe Marchand hasn't been able to channel his inner rat-when he is playing the rat his game is often more effective.

I think this is just what BM does every year, has some stretches where he forgets what he needs to do in order to be effective, CJ sends a little message, and BM responds. Absolutely no reason now to shift lines permanently nor a need to panic (not that your panicking)

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Bruins did a good job of sticking with the game plan. Nice to see them get the win even though they didn't score first.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I think this is just what BM does every year, has some stretches where he forgets what he needs to do in order to be effective, CJ sends a little message, and BM responds. Absolutely no reason now to shift lines permanently nor a need to panic (not that your panicking)

I agree he'll be fine.

nycbruins*

I'd be more worried about Marchand if he was invisible. In the 1st half of the game, he was the only one who seemed to want the puck. Now granted, he was doing insanely stupid things with the puck, but I think the effort & hustle are there. So based on that personal analysis, I can't see how it's pouting or somehow relate to seguin, he's just not playing well.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Does Marchand miss his little buddy in Seguin?

I am curious what's up with Marchand-I hate that this would be pouting over Seguin...

Not sure what's up with him, maybe he misses his buddy SEGUIN?

I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting my head around why folks think Marchand's poor play of late would have anything at all to do with the Seguin trade? Can anyone help me out?

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting my head around why folks think Marchand's poor play of late would have anything at all to do with the Seguin trade? Can anyone help me out?

I'm not sure where that came from either. I don't think they were as close as people think. Seguin even said himself after he got traded that he wasn't really hanging out with anyone from the team.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

1 person says it, then two people pick it up, and so on

You guys realize it looks a lot like a middle school hallway in here at times right?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm really hoping Brad's lackluster play isn't because of Seguin; if that IS the reason for it, then he's going to be in for a long, long season...I really hope that isn't the case. This team needs him to get going, and soon.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Nope, can't help you. Just people throwing ****. And, at a guy who has been absolutely clutch for us when it's counted most.

More worried that shot he took from Abelkader (sp.) shook him up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I agree he'll be fine.

I really doubt Brad is pouting because of the Seguin trade. I do think they are friends so he may miss him but I am sure he knows this is how things go in the hockey world.

Marchy hasn't been himself as far as being a "rat". It is fine if he has toned it down a bit but I wouldn't want to see him loose that edge. I think DKH mentioned this at the last home game but I noticed Brad chirping at a couple of players. I was happy to see that.

I agree he will be fine.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If Brad keeps playing like rubbish which I really hope doesn't happen, then sit his butt and ease Soderberg into the lineup on the 3rd line and keep Smith on the 2nd.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If Brad keeps playing like rubbish which I really hope doesn't happen, then sit his butt and ease Soderberg into the lineup on the 3rd line and keep Smith on the 2nd.

I'd like to see Eriksson-Bergeron-Smith for another game. Goal scored between them, and Eriksson got robbed and hit a post when all three were on the ice. Really found their groove together.

It's not about Seguin. Lucic lost Horton, and he has 4 points in 4 games. He's just in a funk. Everyone is at some time. He'll get over it. If it takes benching him for a game later in the season, fine. It worked for Lucic. But for now a demotion for one game or two makes a statement, and we have the depth to do it. I saw him working a lot harder and playing with a bigger purpose after he got demoted. He'll get it.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

---
Bruins need to pay attention to chemistry. With Brad Marchand, they have a SC ring and a SC final. With Soderberg... still a project in progress!

Other than a couple of good sequence in pregame... what did he bring to deserve all that willingness to insert him in the line up!

As for McQuaid, I feel he belongs in the line up.

DH, Bart And Krug all in there at the same time... not sure that is what I want!

Bruins are at their best with win tight low score games!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
---
Bruins need to pay attention to chemistry. With Brad Marchand, they have a SC ring and a SC final. With Soderberg... still a project in progress!

Other than a couple of good sequence in pregame... what did he bring to deserve all that willingness to insert him in the line up!

As for McQuaid, I feel he belongs in the line up.

DH, Bart And Krug all in there at the same time... not sure that is what I want!

Bruins are at their best with win tight low score games!

Like Dellstrom stated, he started working harder after he was demoted which was a good sign. When I said "sit him" I don't mean indefinitely, just a 1 game message-sending action. Just as Claude has done with Lucic and Seguin in the past.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well either way, whether it's mental or physical.. On the bright side is we have good forward depth, even if yeti had to fill in for Marchy and something happened to him we still have Johnson who looked good pre-season.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Like Dellstrom stated, he started working harder after he was demoted which was a good sign. When I said "sit him" I don't mean indefinitely, just a 1 game message-sending action. Just as Claude has done with Lucic and Seguin in the past.

--
Might be -- but not after 4 games.

Lucic was at the end of the season, before playoffs.

But I agree, Brad in the last game did extreme bad puck management, not sure if lack of concentration, frustration or simply trying to do to much.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

Mmmm - I thought third line wasn't as good with him than with Smith on the third. I didn't see Brad playing better after the CJ move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad