GDT: Game 4: Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 10/12/13 - 2PM ET - NESN(HD), 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My point was more about those saying he needed to stop pouting-in that he knows hockey is a business.

Which led me to speculate that Marchand seems to be trying to do too much when he probably needs to simplify it. He is definitely off.

nycbruins*

How smooth is Tuukka? When did he get so nimble with his glove? Man he's good. Seems to have ice water in his veins & confidence for miles.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Tuukka in every game so far has been outstanding.

Even in the loss Tuukka was solid-the Bruins just couldn't score a goal.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I remember where the speculation began about Marchand being upset about Seguin leaving and it wasn't from any sort of reputable source, but yeah, someone says it and people run with it. Typical speculation.

It was alluded to in a thread previous, either a GDT or a PGT, but, much like Bergeron has had moments where he doesn't look good, that line now has a completely different kind of player on it's right wing. Bergeron and Marchand got used to having to shelter Seguin somewhat in defensive situations, where now they've got a guy who can more than handle his own in that respect. Thus comes some adjustment time for both of those guys. It's about changing the mindset about how you've become accustomed to playing. Smart, versatile players are able to adapt to those kind of changes without losing the core of what skills make them good at what they do.

The fact that people speculated and even think that Marchand has the sads because Seguin is gone is lazy thinking. Marchand had to work pretty hard to get to where he is now. He's been awfully clutch in some high-pressure situations in the past and come through in a big way. Top of the line professional athletes in most sports are not going to get hung up on things like this...as a general rule, they're mentally stronger than that because that's how they get to the top. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't giving Marchand enough credit.

I am glad though that people still feel compelled to question those kind of speculative things. I was worried here for a bit that's not something people were interested in doing.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
At this point I don't think it's a 3-man D rotation. I think Krug has proved he needs to be in this lineup. He brings what no other Dman on this team brings. It's between Bart and Hamilton.

Agree with you that Krug has earned a spot in the top 6.

Hamilton is playing well enough to remain in the top 6 also.

Bartkowski is best left as the #7.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
:laugh: good lord people. Just peek at the date of the thread.

Since tomorrow's (11-14-13) GDT is going on the mainboard, it'll be the first time people up there will see the sensation of Seidenmoose, so I had to provide some context and linked this GDT in the post...although of course it says "recap" in the link graphic.

While most people on our board are familiar with the great Seidenmoose....they aren't and will think the GDT was done by someone who clearly lives in an alternative universe.

Though that's probably a fair assumption but regardless, but who's really paying attenion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad