GDT: Game 4: Avs @ Ducks | Friday, October 16th, 8pm MT | Participation Medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Despres return to the game, nothing happens. DoPS have a big focus on injuries.

Still, Barrie only has himself to blame. No need to launch up in a hit there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zadorov's hit was a beauty though. Tucked his elbow and lowered himself a bit to lay out Perry in a perfectly clean way.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Zadorov's hit was a beauty though. Tucked his elbow and lowered himself a bit to lay out Perry in a perfectly clean way.

Tucked himself but at impact raised to his full 6'5 and launched Perry into the air like a rag doll. It was phenomenal.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015

Yes, it was a beautiful hit. And even more so since Perry is a big, solid boy who saw it coming, yet he still was launched. It looked like he got hit by a charging bull moose. Luv'd it.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He definitely looks useless but a short stick means less fumbling and better puck control. Especially since it's the same length he's used for two years. If he changed lengths now imagine how bad he would be. There's a lot wrong with Duchene but I don't think his stick length is part of it.

He's fumbling it because it's in his feet a lot. I really dont think it would be hard for Duchene to go back to his old stick and would probably be best in the long run.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
was out last night celebrating bday, can anyone give me a rundown of the game?

i see we won and i see barrie is in trouble

Slow methodical game. Ducks looked out of sorts, Avs blocked a lot of shots but had much better control and neutral zone play. Berra made a few big saves, Avs cut down the stupidity. Rants played with Duchene and looked good. Lines felt more balanced. Zadorov gave Perry a huge clean hit. Barrie and EJ each had not so much clean hits.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
AggressiveDiligentEft.gif

And this too

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Part of the reason Anaheim had all the shot attempts is because they just scored one goal this season and were desperately throwing everything at the net.

At the same time, they were snakebitten. They hit two-three posts and Getzlaf missed a wide open net.

Avs didn't do as poorly as the corsi numbers indicate, but they didn't control the game outside of the second period.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Slow methodical game. Ducks looked out of sorts, Avs blocked a lot of shots but had much better control and neutral zone play. Berra made a few big saves, Avs cut down the stupidity. Rants played with Duchene and looked good. Lines felt more balanced. Zadorov gave Perry a huge clean hit. Barrie and EJ each had not so much clean hits.

Thx Yackie! Away for the weekend and sounds like I missed a good early season game for the team to keep building on. Just gotta throw the Boston game out and we've been progressive improving with the new style of play and team that's developing.

Was Rintintin with Dutchy and Comeau or Iginla?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Thx Yackie! Away for the weekend and sounds like I missed a good early season game for the team to keep building on. Just gotta throw the Boston game out and we've been progressive improving with the new style of play and team that's developing.

Iginla, but I think a Comeau - Dutch - Rantanen line would be best.

Just no real place to put Iginla when he is struggling. Could play him with Yeti and Mitchell/Grigs, but that line would be a bit sketchy still.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I love seeing the third line play the hard :"first line" minutes against the Getslaf line..
We are finding ways to win and honestly that looked like the best game for us as to team D and turnovers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We were talking earlier here about the trivia question, the 7 Avs that never played in the minor leagues. That sort of question that is interesting to me so I had to look it up and I think they got it wrong, its 8. Tanguay actually played 5 AHL games so he is out. The person we didn't guess is Stuart and Soderberg. So by virtue of that I have the following unless someone knows of a mistake. :dunno:

Duchene
Landeskog
MacKinnon
Iginla
Rantanen
Soderberg

Stuart
Zadorov

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Iginla, but I think a Comeau - Dutch - Rantanen line would be best.

Just no real place to put Iginla when he is struggling. Could play him with Yeti and Mitchell/Grigs, but that line would be a bit sketchy still.

A line with soda and iggy couldn't be a traditional tough minute third line, but the Landy line already plays tougher minutes than a typical top line, our 4th line is better than typical 4th lines and I think a Comeau-Dutchy-Rantanen line would be stronger against the puck than most scoring lines; so we could afford a more offensive Greg/Malkin - Soda - Iginla line to complete the top 9.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

dallas game was better than this one. same with minny game outside the 3rd period.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So the D against the Kings will be..

Beauchemin-Guenin
Zadorov-Holden
Gormley-???

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Man, I love the consistency from some of the posters. Win 3-0 against a team that was picked to be a conference finalist, and still find a multitude of reasons to whine.

Only a few praise the goalie for the shutout, presumably because he is the horrendous backup that posted a terrible .918 save percentage last year, and despite this being the worst shot differential that team has garnered yet this season.

Berate a defenseman that posted the best corsi differential of the D while getting two assists.

Blame the winger that has two goals on the season for the center that has yet to get a point and did not post a shot this game.

It is not all of the posters...but the ones that annoy seem to stick out. I am sure I do the same to others.

Myself, I am pleased by the result, but not surprised, other than the shutout...always surprised by those. Does the team have things to work on, of course. But enjoy the win. And hope that Barrie is not suspended for too long (I am thinking max fine, and deserved).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Man, I love the consistency from some of the posters. Win 3-0 against a team that was picked to be a conference finalist, and still find a multitude of reasons to whine.

Only a few praise the goalie for the shutout, presumably because he is the horrendous backup that posted a terrible .918 save percentage last year, and despite this being the worst shot differential that team has garnered yet this season.

Berate a defenseman that posted the best corsi differential of the D while getting two assists.

Blame the winger that has two goals on the season for the center that has yet to get a point and did not post a shot this game.

It is not all of the posters...but the ones that annoy seem to stick out. I am sure I do the same to others.

Myself, I am pleased by the result, but not surprised, other than the shutout...always surprised by those. Does the team have things to work on, of course. But enjoy the win. And hope that Barrie is not suspended for too long (I am thinking max fine, and deserved).

Lol so true. Only thing im pissed about after last night was that Tanguay bet on Anaheim....well....he was taking penalties like he wanted the ducks to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad