ANDERSEN
KHUDOBIN
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= GDT TUNES]

[/FIELDSET]

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I had to double check to make sure that wasn't a typo on the Duck's record. Jesus, at least we're not the only team with angry fans. We can always fall back on "well, nobody expected a cup run this year anyway". If we lose, most of us will have expected it. If Anaheim loses, their "Complaining thread" is going to be longer than a Kanye acceptance speech.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lolololol Anaheim without a win is actually scary. Hopefully they continue to play poorly because they want Boudreau out and not because it's just a bad start :laugh:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think what is the most disappointing about the Avs so far is they show glimpses of being a huge team that can pass the puck around, intimidate the other teams defence, and score goals. Then we see the other side where defencemen can't make 5 foot passes out of the zone, chaos in the defensive zone, and weak goaltending. It's one thing to have a bad roster and suck. It's another to have all the tools to be great, and still suck every second night.

I have no doubt Varly will bounce back. The offence should keep rolling, especially once Duchene and Barrie wake up, but it's hard to say whether the team will ever become consistent in their game plan execution. Hopefully Roy finds the right defensive pairings and the Avs can become a quicker puck moving team.

Ducks seem to be in the same boat right now. Obviously their roster is really good, but I have no doubt losing Beauchemin and replacing him with Bieksa is hurting them. Sad seeing Stewart on the fourth line. I always wished he made his way back to Colorado.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Hoping for some execution tonight.

Wonder if Gormley even gets a sniff against the next two "heavy" teams.

Curious if the Grigs - Yeti - Rant line comes to fruition. If it does I hope they get time to stay together for this whole 2 game trip

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has there been any talk of the lineup and if there's any changes? The last few games Roy seemed to give hints a day or so before. I've been out of the loop the last few days so I'm just curious if anything has been said?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Has there been any talk of the lineup and if there's any changes? The last few games Roy seemed to give hints a day or so before. I've been out of the loop the last few days so I'm just curious if anything has been said?

Greg trained with Söderberg and Rantanen.

Duchene has a sore back.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Don't think anything has been said, however TMV did some 21st century detective work and found out that Grigs has been working with Soderberg and Rantanen.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why are the Avs so unlucky, not only they got Boston last game who was winless and hungry, but now they get the Ducks, and then the Kings. Talk about potential disaster for this team. If they lose all this games it will be like last year, done in October pretty much.

Thuro

Sep 27, 2006
Colorado
Have a real powerful feeling we will provide what another winless team needs and lose big. 5-2 Ducks.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
wow, reading the Ducks GDT, I knew we gave up a lot of goals against so far, but 14 GA in the first three games :/ Our GAA is 4.7.

I expect this team to bounce back like they did last year, and much sooner as well. It's crazy how different the outlook after three games would have been if we hadn't blown up in the third against MIN. Why is that team always a dagger to the heart.

I'm calling at least 2 pts on this road trip. Season is early and we're not the only central team that has lost some games. MIN, unfortunately, is the only central team without a loss.

At least we're scoring at a good pace. Tighten up the defensive play, call whatever voodoo doctor is needed to get Varly out of his funk, and I think we'll see the improvement attained in the offseason.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Knowing the Avs they will probably go out there and dominate the play tonight but somehow get scored on late to tie it up. Then win in OT.

Avs 4-3 in OT. Barrie with the game winner.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Gonna be a very tough game playing against a really good Anaheim team that has just started off slow. They will want a win bad, like Boston. Avs will have to play strong start to finish.

Worried again about that Rendulic-Soderberg-Rantanen line. I think Soderberg needs at least one finisher on his line who he can set up and not be the guy who is supposed to carry the line.

Would love to see Iggy dropped to that line and Rantanen on Dutchy's right side. I think that could improve both those line. Also would rather have Everberg on the left of that third line than Rendulic but we'll probably have to wait that out.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bruins, Anaheim, Los Angeles.

Hope Avs aren't the cure for slow starts.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't expect a win here, but I want the Avs to show some fight.

I have a feeling we'll see a good deal of that. Probably going to be a very physical game, and I'm expecting a fight from Cody and possibly Landy or EJ. The leaders of the team are clearly trying to lead the way this year and pull everyone along.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
7-2 Ducks.

The Avs look a little bi polar.. we could see the poised confident team.. and actually win a game.. or we could see a team melt down again

hummm

I am again going with the improved Avs outcome... do we know who the starting goalie will be for us?
Honestly Varly playing better plus marginal improvement on team d insures us wins....

Holdon note.. it seems he is doing better... strange when our worst d man is barrie.. he was beyond helpless and I think perhaps he should sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad