GDT: Game 4 - 10/21 - Anaheim Ducks @ Arizona Coyotes , 1pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Disappointing loss but there are so many positives, my biggest concern is that mactavish hasn’t been able to carry line.

Bottom lines have been ok but not dangerous at all.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I wonder when Cronin will reduce Fowler-Luneau minutes and give more to LaCombe-Gudas? The past two games, Fowler-Luneau have been our worst pairing.

Minchy 23:58
Fowler 21:13
LaCombe 16:11

Also, maybe it's time to put Rico with Mac.

Reactions: lwvs84 and ScarTroy

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I wonder when Cronin will reduce Fowler-Luneau minutes and give more to LaCombe-Gudas? The past two games, Fowler-Luneau have been our worst pairing.

Minchy 23:58
Fowler 21:13
LaCombe 16:11

Also, maybe it's time to put Rico with Mac.
Yeah I think it’s time the Vatrano-Mac-Strome experiment ended. Was fun while it lasted, but Strome is dragging them down.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
The improvement in Ducks 5on5 play has been remarkable early on this season. Ducks have improved to a respectable, middle of the pack in xGF% at 50.20% per Natural Stat Trick.

This was a close game and with better finishing - or less outstanding goaltending - could have been a blowout either way. It seems the youth have taken in Cronin's systems really well as it seemingly doesn't matter what the lineup is and the results remain largely the same. It's a pretty even group regarding the defensemen #5-8 or so, defensively speaking. And suprisingly, none of them are really struggling. Extended defensive zone time has lead to dangerous scoring chances but there have been far less defensive zone breakdowns.

Let's see if the results don't start coming in if the team keeps on working to overcome the special teams funk or if we start to see a sort of quitters mentality set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad