GDT: Game #4 | 10/17/14 | Detroit Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Well it took him a few years, but I think Abdelkader might finally have figured out how to complement skilled players in a top line role. He's looked pretty good whenever he's played on the top line so far this season.

His entire game has looked good so far this year

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Watching my team play defense is painful. I don't even.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

Except the D has actually looked fairly tight and tidy so far this year, comparatively *knocks on wood*

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
A lot of our posters think we know the feeling, our group isn't this bad, go look at the average defensive finish and the Leafs for the last decade.

We're definitely spoiled. But, to be fair, having Lidstrom retire -> having the current group is like getting out of a hot shower on a winter morning.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We're definitely spoiled. But, to be fair, having Lidstrom retire -> having the current group is like getting out of a hot shower on a winter morning.

True and for us to be an elite contender we need it to improve, though Smith and DeKeyser continuing to develop is a big deal.

But the point still stands we are not bottom 10 in the league like often trotted out around here. We haven't had a d-core at our worst that isn't better than what the Leafs have had for a decade plus now.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Compared to other play-off teams, our defense is not up to snuff.

I suppose I tend to agree, on paper anyway. But so far this year. I have no complaints other than the odd blunder that is bound to happen. From kindl all the way up to kronwall. I. For once. Cannot complain. They have all been completely competent. We look good as a team so far. I'm enjoying it!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tatar seriously needs to stop always trying to pick the top corners with his shots. He could score a lot more if he just got his shots off quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad