GDT: Game #4 - 10.16.14 - at Pittsburgh - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
BigG posted it in the General Stars thread. BigG said on FSSW that the Stars press guy stepped in after the second question, thankfully.

Dude is a schmuck for sure.

It was just such a ridiculous question to ask in the first place. I've vented now, went through my twitter timeline and I think I responded to everyone who asked who it was and let them know his twitter handle, then left him some tweets. If your going to pretend your a journalist then he needs to pretend to have some integrity and objectivity too

Bkennedy*

x7G9t7c.gif

Attention Satan and BKennedy, the time is now for the uprising.

RALLY MENNNnnnnn!!!!

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Makes sense.

I was at the AAC for the game vs Chicago, missed the NSH game and had to DVR and watch later the CBJ/PIT games, so I haven't watched commercials for any games yet.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
The sun comes uppppppop

Then sun goes downnnnnnn

Work awayyyyyyyyy work awayyyyyyyyyy

Just saw it. I love it.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Seeing as watching hockey is the only time I see American commercials, getting the Stars feed in Canada is weird. The commercials are just the right mix of every stereotype I associate Texas with: trucks, hard work, lumber, burgers, various kinds of motor sports, high school football, tacos.

Somehow that is comforting :laugh:

Makes me wonder if Canadian feeds are just as capital-C 'Canadian'

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They are. :laugh:

Sigh......yup. Figured as much.

He's right, though, I've often felt the same about the Texas commercials.

So many truck ads. :laugh:

Hope you guys are liking Spezza even more now. :D

It's a work in progress but last night was a great indicator of development within the Stars' system.

Hopefully it won't be long before Spezza-Hemsky can be rolled out as another dangerous combo in Lindy Ruff's arsenal. Give the opposing coach a migraine. ;)

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Youtube is definitely better... The ones from NHL and Stars autoplay for me and when there are more than one in a topic they all start at the same time and together create just a godawful shrieking noise of pain (more or less)... So yeah, youtube is the way to go I think...

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
I think Lobo's been linking them wrong. Mine play when I link them, but I've never had one of his work.

It doesn't matter what site I watch them on, whether it is from the boards here or on the stars site, or NHL.com...

Same problem every time. I've looked around online and found some solutions but none of them have worked, and it isn't browser specific either.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It doesn't matter what site I watch them on, whether it is from the boards here or on the stars site, or NHL.com...

Same problem every time. I've looked around online and found some solutions but none of them have worked, and it isn't browser specific either.

Do you use an ad blocker? That can mess with nhl.com videos (or shall I say, nhl.com videos know you're using an ad blocker and don't allow you to watch)... When I disable my ad blocker they work perfectly, so I've set it up so it doesn't block anything on nhl.com...

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
Do you use an ad blocker? That can mess with nhl.com videos (or shall I say, nhl.com videos know you're using an ad blocker and don't allow you to watch)... When I disable my ad blocker they work perfectly, so I've set it up so it doesn't block anything on nhl.com...

I thought that was it, so I tried removing any add-ons I had on both chrome and firefox, yet it still happens on internet explorer (which I never use and have no ad blocking on).

I also checked my anti-virus stuff, and that didn't fix it either.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Seeing as watching hockey is the only time I see American commercials, getting the Stars feed in Canada is weird. The commercials are just the right mix of every stereotype I associate Texas with: trucks, hard work, lumber, burgers, various kinds of motor sports, high school football, tacos.

Somehow that is comforting :laugh:

Makes me wonder if Canadian feeds are just as capital-C 'Canadian'

I just like how they say process. It's a weird thing to stick with me but I remember when I first started watching Center Ice years ago Canadian McDonald's commercials would make a point to say the cheese was 'PROcessed American cheese.' I'd think saying processed would make the cheese seem less appealing.

Work awaaaayyy work away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad