Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 1/21 7:07 PM - After 320 days the BRUINS return to TD Garden - NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I met Steve probably 15 years ago . I had come to the Garden for a game and was early , We started talking outside of the gate. Most know where I sit (next to the bench) but Steve had seats since the old Garden in the last row of the balcony over the goal where the B's shoot twice. He loved big Z. We ended up meeting up before every game. Another poster here met us as well (@Highatop325 ).

The three of us rarely missed games. Years ago Steve had to have his big toe removed due to diabetes so he missed games. It was always sweet going to the first game of the season and seeing Steve and Nick.

Steve had very strong opinions but we got along anyway. When he first saw me he would ALWAYS ask "How's work" which I would say "Work sucks" I also had to say " I hope the B's win tonight".

Many who worked at the Garden knew him and liked him.

He went into the hospital with covid19 and was on a ventilator. He seemed to beat it but then contracted MRSA.

I believe you all would have liked Steve. It won't be the same going back to the Garden and not seeing him. He was only 60.
137587391_10225227439133292_1960979280779170608_n.jpg
Sorry for your loss LF. He seems like a good guy who would have fit right in here with some other opinionated posters! ;)

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sorry for your loss LF. He seems like a good guy who would have fit right in here with some other opinionated posters! ;)
He would have. Steve probably would have received a few warnings though :laugh: . He didn't mind telling people off.

When I first met him he wouldn't talk to any fans from other teams and would not be happy when I did but he got so he would the last few years. He knew so many people (security guards, ushers, elevator guy ). He had a good heart and many will miss him. We had a little pre game family of which he was a big part.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
After the last few games, I would definitely take Ritchie over Heinen. Am I just incredibly confused? Have I forgotten how much of a force Heinen was?
Ritchie has been quite good to start the season. Frequently noticeable and in a good way.

Still not a big fan of either guy, but there’s hope yet for Ritchie... He’s been the least of the Bruins problems to start the year.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Still can't believe someone posted a scoring chance from Heinen in the last GDT like we need him back :laugh:

If we must talk about anything related to Heinen, I prefer to recall this moment against the Canes when he was taken out by a cheap hit from Hamilton after scoring a nice goal, after which Dougie got mugged by Bergeron and Krug. No love lost whenever the Bruins play Beaker!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Who's getting that first even-strength goal? Coyle, maybe next week?

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 4 p.m. | Boston Sports Journal

He's as good as chance as any. Mentioning Coyle actually reminds me of some comments he made recently (sorry I can't find a link to them) where he said something to the effect that it had been hard being completely unable to skate for months in the Boston area prior to the training camp beginning because all the rinks were shut due to Covid. I wonder whether this has had any impact on the Bruins' sluggish start relative to most other teams? Obviously every state has had different rules around what can and can't be open and what people are able to do, inc. athletes, and it's my understanding that MA has been stricter than most in their policies. Have some guys in other cities, or even in Europe, had more skating time than the majority of Bs were able to get?

Reactions: Gordoff

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I want Cassidy to mix it up and put Smith with Krejci. The third line had good chemistry last year. Studnicka has a couple games under his belt hopefully can start flying with those guys. 2nd line looks like a natural fit. 4th line is solid. Leave the D the same.

Marchand-Bergeron-Studnicka
Ritchie-Krejci-Smith
Debrusk-Coyle-Bjork
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: Grimey

aguineapig

He would have. Steve probably would have received a few warnings though :laugh: . He didn't mind telling people off.

When I first met him he wouldn't talk to any fans from other teams and would not be happy when I did but he got so he would the last few years. He knew so many people (security guards, ushers, elevator guy ). He had a good heart and many will miss him. We had a little pre game family of which he was a big part.
A twenty one stick tap salute for Steve. and a Hat Trick tonite in his memory a goal, a fight and a win.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hope to see the offense gel a little more tonight against a really good team. Defense and goaltending just has to keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino