GDT: Game 39 | St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Just like last year, this Wings team does nothing to wear on the other team as the game goes on. They don't have enough speed to pressure the other team and they're not big or mean enough to physically wear the opponent down. This was a physically easy game for the Blues to play. Last year the Preds were healthier after finishing off the Wings in 5 games then they were going into that series.

Until the Clearys, Emmertons, Millers are swapped out for players that are faster, bigger and meaner this team has no chance to compete in a playoff series. The offensive talent is there but there needs to be a lot more abrasivness to wear the other team and open things up as the game goes on.

i'd say what the Wings really need is more depth

Tatar in and a healthy Helm would work wonders(and a healthy Bertuzzi but who knows if he'll ever be back)

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
they've been boring most of the season. unless all the teams they play are trap teams.

Yup. The Wings have been a very boring team as a whole. Datsyuk has been Datsyuk, and there have been spots here and there, but on the whole they've been very boring.

There's a reason Helm is a fan favorite and everyone was pissed when Tatar was sent down. Those guys bring a ton of energy and excitement to the lineup. Guys like Andy, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, Cleary and Sammy don't even have the ability to offer something exciting other than a few times a season, and the other guys don't look like they have it in them this season.

I mean, this team has sucked the life out of Jordin ****ing Tootoo. I don't think he was ever as quiet with the Preds as he has been with us.

The culture here is just extremely stale and bland.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yup. The Wings have been a very boring team as a whole. Datsyuk has been Datsyuk, and there have been spots here and there, but on the whole they've been very boring.

There's a reason Helm is a fan favorite and everyone was pissed when Tatar was sent down. Those guys bring a ton of energy and excitement to the lineup. Guys like Andy, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, Cleary and Sammy don't even have the ability to offer something exciting other than a few times a season, and the other guys don't look like they have it in them this season.

I mean, this team has sucked the life out of Jordin ****ing Tootoo. I don't think he was ever as quiet with the Preds as he has been with us.

The culture here is just extremely stale and bland.

Agreed. Was pissed Toots wasn't playing today. He would've added a bunch of energy, ramped up the intensity and perhaps drawn a penalty or at least taken a better skilled player out of the game along with him for 2 minutes like Perron did with Z. He should always be playing against a team like the Blues. And he should be playing more than 8 or 9 minutes a game.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
What people have trouble realizing is that in many of these games now *we* are the less talented team trying to suck the life out of the game. Babcock may well have figured it's the best (only) way to make the playoffs.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
What people have trouble realizing is that in many of these games now *we* are the less talented team trying to suck the life out of the game. Babcock may well have figured it's the best (only) way to make the playoffs.

If that was true. Why did the blues play 5 men back hope for a lucky bounce game?

RedWingsNow*

If that was true. Why did the blues play 5 men back hope for a lucky bounce game?

The Blues owned us in the first period.
The second period, we got some powerplays and took it to them, but they scored.

Then they went into Hitchcock hockey,

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The Blues owned us in the first period.
The second period, we got some powerplays and took it to them, but they scored.

Then they went into Hitchcock hockey,

They shot their was in the first ran out of energy and played trap the rest.

RedWingsNow*

Hitchcockey.

Here's why I like the Blues...

The have a big, skilled group of forwards.
They have a diverse defense with speed, finesse, skill and toughness.

I don't think Elliot is much of a goalie, though.

If Halak gets back and is healthy, I can see the Blues winning thecup.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
After our first game of the season I said if Blues get another Dman to add to the top 4 they're my cup favourites.

They shipped out Redden, and added Leopold and Bouwmeester.

If Halak gets healthy for the playoffs, I have a hard time imagining them losing to anyone, really. Hawks, Ducks, and Pens are good, but Hitchcock is a hard guy to outcoach a lot of the time.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I don't know really what trap you refer to. Only 3 western conf teams have scored more goals than the Blues. It isn't as if they are all defense. If the trap means that you score as many as the Blues, I'll take a large order of trap.

They played 5 men back and dumped the puck all last night.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am not happy with officiating.
1. The Blues player runs over Ericsson, they hit the post. Should have been interference
2. The Blues too many men on the ice while killing penalty, it would be 5 on 3 for us.
3. Z called for roughing, while he did nothing but was trying to pull his stick, while the Blues player was holding it.

On the lone goal, Howard should/could react a little bit faster and grab the puck, instead it was laying there for ages till the Blues scored.

But in the end we can't blame anyone but ourselves. We had 3 PP oppotunities, we should have scored a goal there.

I thought we could get 4 points out of our last 3 games, we got only 2. Fortunately both the Pred and BJs lost.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Pier clueless said the Blues could ice the puck because it would not be icing since they are on the PP. Wrong. The Wings could ice the puck because the Wings were SH.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Refs were really a big joke on Perron /Z thing, Z got hold, crosschecked hold of his stick & hit by the pu--y goalie. hOw the Fu.. can he give Z a 2min????? JOKE! The ref was right there infront of the abuse. All Z did was to try get loose. Coward-Perron got so lucky. wow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad