GDT: Game 39 | St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

HTT3*

What a snooze fest. Trap, clutch and grab makes for such a boring game. Can't believe people will actually pay to watch that.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Well lets see next game is the 11th sharks loss, 12th hawks loss, 14th Preds loss, 17th Flames either or 20th Van we have had their number this year win, 24th PHX loss, 24th LA loss, 27th Dal win. 9 games with most likely 5 losses, tell me how they make the playoffs?

Because just maybe they won't lose all of those.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Just like last year, this Wings team does nothing to wear on the other team as the game goes on. They don't have enough speed to pressure the other team and they're not big or mean enough to physically wear the opponent down. This was a physically easy game for the Blues to play. Last year the Preds were healthier after finishing off the Wings in 5 games then they were going into that series.

Until the Clearys, Emmertons, Millers are swapped out for players that are faster, bigger and meaner this team has no chance to compete in a playoff series. The offensive talent is there but there needs to be a lot more abrasivness to wear the other team and open things up as the game goes on.

This. A healthy Helm makes such a huge difference for this team. Tootoo in for Eaves gives us more snarl as well.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That call on Z was real bad. Z did nothing, the guy was holding his stick and Z just tried to get loose. What was he supposed to do?
We seem to be doing better when we defend. They were better in the 1st, we started to play better in 2nd, but they scored.
Some posters wanted us to win these past 3 games, we went 1-2, or 0-2-1.
Now we have to chance avoiding the Hawks and that seems we get swept.

RedWingsNow*

Thank you. I'm curious why teams like Edmonton and Phoenix are locks to pass the Wings.

I mean it's possible, but they actually have to overcome a point differential. And Minnesota has lost 3 straight, so they aren't exactly tearing it up in the 7th position.

It's going to be tight though, and this loss has me on edge about playoffs for the first time in... hell, I can't even remember. :laugh:

I think you are right. We're locked into eighth unless SJ or Minny fall.

I don't see Cbus or the Oil catching us.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Because just maybe they won't lose all of those.

Sharks yes they will get beat, the Hawks yes they will get beat, LA will beat this team. I gave them the Van game but lets face they could come out pissed and kill us! they Yotes have had our number this year close game could go either way, Nashville the same could go either way.the only two I see we should go in and win are the flames and Stars.
That said The Blue Jackets are on a roll as well as the oilers, they are both 3 point away from us! they keep winning and our teams schedule we could very easily end up in 11th or 12th place this year.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What's the matter with Datsyuk?

For that matter, what's wrong with the leadership on this team?

Z and Pavel were our best forwards past two games I thought. I don't know what we're expecting them to do, the supporting cast is just inconsistent. It's hard to knock down on two guys who work their butts off and are point per game.

RedWingsNow*

Dan Cleary goes to the Andersson line and that line got owned all game.

Call up Tatar for the Andersson line.

Our coach and GM better walke up...

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We have to play smarter. That goal was 2 on 4/5 and they score.
That guy can't score there, he has to be crosschecked, he has to be buried there, he has to pay the price.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
That call on Z was real bad. Z did nothing, the guy was holding his stick and Z just tried to get loose. What was he supposed to do?
We seem to be doing better when we defend. They were better in the 1st, we started to play better in 2nd, but they scored.
Some posters wanted us to win these past 3 games, we went 1-2, or 0-2-1.
Now we have to chance avoiding the Hawks and that seems we get swept.

That was one of the worst calls i've seen this season. Can't blame that for the loss though (not saying you are, just saying)...as they had plenty of chances to score.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Cleary's knee surgeries actually made him slower. Maybe they're healthier now but last playoffs it actually looked like he still had the ability to fly. Now he's just skating through mud no matter what.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
We have to play smarter. That goal was 2 on 4/5 and they score.
That guy can't score there, he has to be crosschecked, he has to be buried there, he has to pay the price.
That goal really seemed like a culmination of terrible bounces. Though Howard did not play that well.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Well lets see next game is the 11th sharks loss, 12th hawks loss, 14th Preds loss, 17th Flames either or 20th Van we have had their number this year win, 24th PHX loss, 24th LA loss, 27th Dal win. 9 games with most likely 5 losses, tell me how they make the playoffs?
I see. Well I admit to being wrong then. Could you do this for the other 29 teams too, as well as every playoff game and series so I can just skip the rest of the season?

(pro-tip: games aren't played on paper. sooner or later we will win against Chicago, I don't know why you think we'd lose against Phoenix or LA, San Jose could go either way they're not very good this year)

what happened to eaves being fast?
Eaves has been ineffective as hell this year. Disappointing. One of those players that is just a passenger. Replace by Tatar for the love of god Babcock/Holland.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
What's the matter with Datsyuk?

For that matter, what's wrong with the leadership on this team?
he seems to have spans of sluggish play where he does not skate at full speed, avoids taking hits and is relatively unengaged and spans of normal play.

makes me think he is either playing through injury, or is just declining and cannot play at his previous level continuously. he was the team's best player on the boards during his prime, but in last couple of seasons, he has allowed linemates to do most of the work on boards. he also seems to be easier to knock over or knock off the puck.

he is 34, and had knee surgery a year ago.

Eaves has been ineffective as hell this year. Disappointing. One of those players that is just a passenger. Replace by Tatar for the love of god Babcock/Holland.
agree

eaves has not stood out really at all this season, and is not really needed for PK. eaves is currently 7th among F's in SHTOI/game (not counting helm). eaves is probably the most replaceable player, and tatar should be in the NHL.

Last edited:

jroc86

Jun 12, 2012
Just like last year, this Wings team does nothing to wear on the other team as the game goes on. They don't have enough speed to pressure the other team and they're not big or mean enough to physically wear the opponent down. This was a physically easy game for the Blues to play. Last year the Preds were healthier after finishing off the Wings in 5 games then they were going into that series.

Until the Clearys, Emmertons, Millers are swapped out for players that are faster, bigger and meaner this team has no chance to compete in a playoff series. The offensive talent is there but there needs to be a lot more abrasivness to wear the other team and open things up as the game goes on.

Game set match. Your depth guys need to be either Fast, physical, or tough (and competenant players) otherwise allthey do out there is try and hold there own and do nothing productive to wear onthe other team.

The Drapers, MAltbys, Mcartys, Lapointes, etc are players like that. Emmerton is a manstuck in a boys body, Miller is built like a white haired grade 11 basketball player, and Cleary skates like a rusty tractor.

Kurt Angle won an olympic medal with a broken neck ... Bert and Helm are two guys that make it harder on opposing teams - they need to get backinto the ****** lineup ASAP.

we like our team*

what does it say about the wings when they aren't a "trap" team and are still just as boring as teams like st. louis

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
what does it say about the wings when they aren't a "trap" team and are still just as boring as teams like st. louis

When you play a trap team it sucks the life out of the game. So it says nothing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad