Status
Not open for further replies.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
My wife and I had both Moderna vaccine's and only had slightly sore arms. We are seniors. Didn't hear of any bad reactions from our senior friends either.
I am hopeful that these professional athletes are all in the same boat.

What's interesting about these vaccines is that your reaction severity is related to how healthy your immune system is.

Older people and people with compromised immune systems tend to get mild reactions. Younger people are showing more severe reactions.

This is because the vaccine triggers an immune response.

That said, the first does is mostly soreness. It's the second dose that really knocks you on your butt.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Shesty hasn't been "leaned on" for a bunch of close quarters games yet in his career that I can recall.

Will be interesting to see if he has Tim Thomas stamina, Martin Brodeur stamina, or where ever in between.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What's interesting about these vaccines is that your reaction severity is related to how healthy your immune system is.

Older people and people with compromised immune systems tend to get mild reactions. Younger people are showing more severe reactions.

That said, the first does is mostly soreness. It's the second dose that really knocks you on your butt.
Yea most my young American friends who've got it got bad reactions, here only people like 80 years old can get them lmao so I only know some old relatives who got one and they got a bit of a runny nose & sore arm

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Isn't the sore arm thing a standard for every vaccine? I have not had the covid vaccine yet, but I do remember that me and my conscript mates arms were pretty much out of commission for a day after we were given like 4-5 different shots in the same arm at the beginning of our service lol.

Reactions: leetch99

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Isn't the sore arm thing a standard for every vaccine? I have not had the covid vaccine yet, but I do remember that me and my conscript mates arms were pretty much out of commission for a day after we were given like 4-5 different shots in the same arm at the beginning of our service lol.
Pretty much. And it's in overdrive for some people with the COVID vaccines. No way I could have done "hockey moves" the day after. It cleared up on jab+2.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
4Rm0bFe.jpg

KAKKO GOAL
upload_2021-4-8_15-6-32.png

The resemblance is uncanny

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-8_14-58-25.png
    upload_2021-4-8_14-58-25.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 6

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anecdotal, but I know someone who had Covid about a year ago and then was recently vaccinated and was hit hard by the vaccine with fever etc. I didn't have Covid and just had a sore arm with the first dose. Who knows?

i know people who had covid and had no problems with vaccines, others that did. Same for non covid people.

I dont think it matters much. Pfizer is more likely than moderna from what i read.

i had nothing hut a sore arm for 2 days after first shot. Will let u guys know after second

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage

We had both shots, the second gave me less soreness than the first and my wife was the opposite. She was a little more sore. No fever or and symptom of illness.
It is interesting that younger people have worse reactions.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Out of the 20 guys on today’s roster I would be shocked if at least one of them didn’t have an adverse reaction after their vaccines yesterday.

I know everyone is different and anecdotal evidence but after my vax I had a 102 fever / chills the next day. From what I’ve read and heard this is less common but not really rare.

If someone has a 102 fever he won't play and we'll hear he has the flu or something.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
My wife and I had both Moderna vaccine's and only had slightly sore arms. We are seniors. Didn't hear of any bad reactions from our senior friends either.
I am hopeful that these professional athletes are all in the same boat.
On the other hand a buddy of mine in his 30s got the moderna and got wiped out for a couple of days by it .

Reactions: smoneil

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
On the other hand a buddy of mine in his 30s got the moderna and got wiped out for a couple of days by it .

Yup. I'm thrilled to have the vaccines, but this is one of the drawbacks of a vaccine being developed so quickly (1 year is an absurdly short period of time). They are still trying to figure out how long the protection even lasts, and the initial trial group only got vaccinated 6 months ago, so any long-term impact is still unknown. With no detailed trials showing the types and frequency of side effects, it all falls down to anecdotal info. I'd heard that if you had Covid before, the first dose of the Moderna hits you like a truck, but the second isn't bad at all. That matches my own experience.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Need 2 points. A must if they have any aspirations.

How about Igor stealing us 2?
I was thinking the opposite... how about the team gives Igor an easy 17 save shutout

or I'll take that 9-0 whoopin' we gave to Philly... tbh Pittsburgh has looked like Philly the past couple games. ( defensively )

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I had my 2nd dose (Pfizer) on Monday and was wiped out Tuesday all day, got horrible sleep with fevers that night.

Came in waves. Body aches, headache. Basically felt like the flu with no respiratory issues. I got mine at 2pm. If these were their 2nd doses, and got them around 9-10pm and had a similar reaction they'llbe around 80-90% for the game.

I am very active and workout 6-7 times per week, running, hockey, etc. Finally feel 100% today. I'd expect some guys not to be 100%, but as other said it hits everyone differently.

If it was their first dose they may not even notice at this point. I was just a little tired the day after but was still training/running.

Take a look at my Whoop strap diagnostics from the day after the shot. Completely burned me. I've seen Miller wearing one too.

IMG_4235.jpeg IMG_4236.jpeg IMG_4237.jpeg

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Feelin' better about tonight's game after reading that Shesterkin is 6-0 when we give up 40+ shots

He likes being kept busy and engaged all game. I'm the same way but just in a much much lower level of playing...so low I'm below the earth's surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad