GDT: Game 39: Coyotes @ Flames - 1/7/16 - 7PM

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Domingue is undefeated this season in games in which he plays all 60 minutes. Anyway, it was a great game tonight. Having a solid goalie is making a world of difference for us.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Photo finish, I'll tell ya that, Smith'll Doan'll Vermette'll etc., [something about a pepperoni pizza]... Nash and McConnell have several oft-repeated grating phrases and proclivities.

We have one of the single worst broadcast crews out of all 4 major pro sports.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Besides playing great, Du-Ming has also saved GMDM from himself. Without Du-Ming playing great, we would've blown a draft pick and salary on some other team's washed up goalie.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Nice road trip. Don't **** up the homestand now.

As predicted, Domi and Duclair down to 14min per game. Surprised it took this long. **** Tippet. But the team is winning, so he's chuckling.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Photo finish, I'll tell ya that, Smith'll Doan'll Vermette'll etc., [something about a pepperoni pizza]... Nash and McConnell have several oft-repeated grating phrases and proclivities.

:banghead:

What about all the times Tyson says "and that's why Smith is one of the best goalies in the league" or something similar despite the fact he has the worst or nearly the worst record in the league.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
That might be the worst part :laugh:
Bless. It's my least favorite thing that the pair of them have graced us with. Nash dances to the beat of his own drum, more power to him for being himself, but f*** the way McConnell contracts 'player names' + 'will.' I recently got a job that allows me to tune in to most games, so now more than ever I am aching for the broadcasting of sports sans commentary. Or get Ray Hudson to call every game across all sports.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Listen to the radio crew with the TV on mute. The radio will be about 5 to 10 seconds ahead but it is worth it to not hear Tyson.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I disagree. That is how the game traditionally is and should be called.

No, because all it does is favor the defense. The game needs more offense. Call more penalties, especially when they take away a scoring chance.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Alright since Murph has been back he has looked like a legit 3-4 guy that can slide to a #2 spot when needed/if the #1 is a true #1. I've been waiting for bad habits to sneak back into his game but they haven't. He is seemingly improving every 2-3 games or so on top of it. I've never seen him pinch this much and he is making smart shots from the line.

Elliot needs to be in the top 6 and can be sat when he needs a rest and watch tape. Him and Dahlbeck are very complimentary as a third pair.

And I can't believe I'm about to type this but...the Grossman/Stone pairing has been excellent on this road trip. Again, complimentary playing styles. Seems like Stone has the perfect amount of mobility to get Grossman out of trouble (not too fast, not too slow) and Grossman has that additional amount of physicality to support Stone. I don't think opposing forwards are thrilled to see both of them down the ice together. I feel Murphy was too rangy for Grossman, making Grossman make bad plays when Murphy was already moving down the ice. Stone can get just far enough down the ice where Grossman can get him the puck and he can make the next play.

Huge improvements, and I'm worried about Z getting healthy again. I hope everyone can keep this up, but Murphy becoming a solid second pairing defenseman would be huge for this team moving forward.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
and hail #11! If (massive if) he stays healthy the Coyotes are going to the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad