GDT: Game 39: Coyotes @ Ducks - 8PM - FSAZ

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Well that was another classic Tim Peel officiated game.

Have we win this year with him officiating? He's ****en horrible. That thrown stick was so damn obvious. I don't know what player slept with his wife, but he has to let it go.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Better than we've looked in a while. I feel bad for Smith, he was trying to spring someone loose and hesitated. But that's honestly what you do at this point, try anything to win.

Idiot got what he deserved. 34 seconds left and he plays fast and loose with the puck in front of the crease. All the skill in the world won't protect a player from poor decision skills. Freeze the damn puck. Weather one more face off and 34 seconds of play.

Smith will never learn. Perhaps the calculus a few years ago was that the benefits of his play made up for the occasional game he lost on his own, but the team has changed. It can't take full advantage of his play with the puck and that makes Smith more of a liability than he should be at this time.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Idiot got what he deserved. 34 seconds left and he plays fast and loose with the puck in front of the crease. All the skill in the world won't protect a player from poor decision skills. Freeze the damn puck. Weather one more face off and 34 seconds of play.

Smith will never learn. Perhaps the calculus a few years ago was that the benefits of his play made up for the occasional game he lost on his own, but the team has changed. It can't take full advantage of his play with the puck and that makes Smith more of a liability than he should be at this time.

Smith has been our best player by far this year, and it's not even close. He is not a liability, he is our best asset (this year).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's BS. With 43 games to play, I think if we win all of them we have a chance.

Not sure if you understand a Monte Carlo but sneaking in with 93 points occurred in 14 of 11 million plus simulated results. The chance is actually 0.02%. It doesn't reach zero until mathematical elimination.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

He was just trying to make "chicken salad out of a chicken". As far as his stick breaking, I'm not convinced. It doesn't appear to have broken on the play; perhaps he broke it during the tantrum, but the limited highlights make it hard to discern.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Poor Smitty is trying to make himself look good so that some team will express interest in trading for him. I'm assuming he wants out of here as much as about 70% of the players on our active roster.

The puck move was pretty stupid since we have a better chance of winning in a Shootout than a miraculous pass from Smitty.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Not sure if you understand a Monte Carlo but sneaking in with 93 points occurred in 14 of 11 million plus simulated results. The chance is actually 0.02%. It doesn't reach zero until mathematical elimination.

I feel much better. :phew:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Poor Smitty is trying to make himself look good so that some team will express interest in trading for him. I'm assuming he wants out of here as much as about 70% of the players on our active roster.

The puck move was pretty stupid since we have a better chance of winning in a Shootout than a miraculous pass from Smitty.

You are transferring your own feelings onto the players. There is no evidence what so ever that "...70% of the players on our active roster" "...wants out of here."

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
You are transferring your own feelings onto the players. There is no evidence what so ever that "...70% of the players on our active roster" "...wants out of here."

Ummm, yeah, of course I was also being facetious, but I couldn't find a smilie for that.

Also, if you quote me, please quote the entire sentence... "I'm assuming he wants out..."

BTW, I never purported that it was a fact in any way shape or form

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Ummm, yeah, of course I was also being facetious, but I couldn't find a smilie for that.

Also, if you quote me, please quote the entire sentence... "I'm assuming he wants out..."

BTW, I never purported that it was a fact in any way shape or form

He did quote your entire post from what I can see.

There's been way too much assuming going on lately anyway.

I'd heard Smith's stick had broke as he attempted to move the puck out. If true it's something that couldn't be helped. But since I can't confirm it I'm not going to assume anything.

However, in OT having a goalie who can move the puck well as Smitty can is a plus. So you can't blame him for making the attempt.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
However, in OT having a goalie who can move the puck well as Smitty can is a plus. So you can't blame him for making the attempt.

Absolutely. What happened last night is a microcosm of how it's been going lately. What we have here is just another scape goat, one that happens to be our best player thus far this season. It's no different than the handful that complain about a minute or so of ice time and subsequent lack of development, only when losing.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
He did quote your entire post from what I can see.
There's been way too much assuming going on lately anyway.
Except the excerpted part of the post, but then I'm a stickler for properly quoting within the context of the original, but that's just me

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Absolutely. What happened last night is a microcosm of how it's been going lately. What we have here is just another scape goat, one that happens to be our best player thus far this season. It's no different than the handful that complain about a minute or so of ice time and subsequent lack of development, only when losing.

Meh.... there are no scapegoats.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Ummm, yeah, ... that.

Also, ...quote me, please ... "I'm [discretely] assuming he wants out [of the closet]..."

BTW, I ... purported that it was a fact [Jack]

And that's why when I quoted you the first time I used your entire post above my reply, where I abbreviated for time.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Meh.... there are no scapegoats.

I thought goaltending was the scape goat early in the season. Then the young players and their inexperience. Then the bad fans. Lots of finger pointing around these parts...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought goaltending was the scape goat early in the season. Then the young players and their inexperience. Then the bad fans. Lots of finger pointing around these parts...

That's usually defined as inconsistency.

Players have been inconsistent, but the coaching staff still can't adapt fast enough to what opponents throw at them.

The last part is the sum of all the other parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad