GDT: Game 39: Coyotes @ Ducks - 8PM - FSAZ

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
**** that. **** the loser point. It's a large reason why the sport is a mainstream punchline.

Glad the Coyotes lost. I hope Dave Tippett never wins another game.

But the question is, do you hope he gets fired from this team, gets hired by another team, so we get out of his contract, then gets fired immediately from that team, never works in this league again, has his wife leave him for Tyson Nash, and then dies alone?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
4-17 in our last 21 games.

what-me-worry.jpg

No margin of error. Chasing the game. Young players. Execute.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
But the question is, do you hope he gets fired from this team, gets hired by another team, so we get out of his contract, then gets fired immediately from that team, never works in this league again, has his wife leave him for Tyson Nash, and then dies alone?

No. I just hope he fails to coach the Coyotes to a single win from today forward. He can go win a cup for some other team for all I care. We just need to lose as many games in a row as it takes to get this piece of trash fired. Once we fire him, I don't care if he ends up never coaching again or winning championships. I just want him as far away from this team as possible. He's absolute poison.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Better than we've looked in a while. I feel bad for Smith, he was trying to spring someone loose and hesitated. But that's honestly what you do at this point, try anything to win.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
You're certainly less vindictave than me. ^^

I don't think I've ever been this frustrated with a sports team, in any league before.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Oh, injury excuse. Goaltending was fine. Chasing the game. We need desperation. Frustrated. Upset. Gave ourselves a chance.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Better than we've looked in a while. I feel bad for Smith, he was trying to spring someone loose and hesitated. But that's honestly what you do at this point, try anything to win.

I agree actually, as sad as it was, Smitty was trying to get a big play to win us the game. Pretty risky, and it went terribly, but worth a shot I guess. He is definitely trying to do too much, but that's what happens in this situation.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I agree actually, as sad as it was, Smitty was trying to get a big play to win us the game. Pretty risky, and it went terribly, but worth a shot I guess. He is definitely trying to do too much, but that's what happens in this situation.

My head kind of agrees with this but I'm still laughing.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My head kind of agrees with this but I'm still laughing.

That's kind of where I'm at too. I get his thought process, but dear God it was just such a spectacular display of sucktitude, you've gotta laugh, or cringe, or both.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If they just focus more on being good human beings, the wins will come naturally. DeAngelo is the obvious scapegoat.

I can't believe he defended Smith after the way he treated Domingue. It's true that Smith made some big saves, but the weak goal followed by whatever the hell happened in OT is worthy of some flack assuming you're into fingerpointing at anyone over 25 or who might be a "good guy".

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Hilarious given Smith's comments about shooting at the opposition goalie's chest. Which weren't wrong, but I'd wager we shoot wide more.

Trust me, Smitty wasn't looking to pass there. He was looking to rip it bar down. Only problem was that he'd watched too much of Dylan Strome at the WJC and copied Strome's 30 second release on his wrist shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad