GDT: Game 39: Columbus at Toronto | 1/9 7:30PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jarmo just called out the team for "not being ready to play" and "that's unacceptable." That really wasn't an endorsement of the coaching staff.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
what kills me is Bobby Mac telling his listeners how valuable Boll is in the dressing room.

That's fine, keep him there. Do some laundry, fold some towels.

But stay off the damn ice!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Thoughts after the first:

Calvert has regressed... massively over the past year. I'm sorry. I have been holding back from saying that but the time has finally come. I used to praise Calvert for his toughness, heart, character... etc. Calvert's useful in penalty kill situations and forecheck. Nothing else. His skating has never been anything special and its shown lately. Also seems to always have a hard time possessing the puck.

So many people say this on this board but, Skille truly is one-dimensional. Off the puck he is useless. No two-way to his game at all.

No real sustained pressure in the offensive zone. The Leafs are a team that when forced to defend sustained pressure, they crumble.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Calvert has regressed... massively over the past year. I'm sorry. I have been holding back from saying that but the time has finally come. I used to praise Calvert for his toughness, heart, character... etc. Calvert's useful in penalty kill situations and forecheck. Nothing else. His skating has never been anything special and its shown lately. Also seems to always have a hard time possessing the puck.

So many people say this on this board but, Skille truly is one-dimensional. Off the puck he is useless. No two-way to his game at all.

No real sustained pressure in the offensive zone. The Leafs are a team that when forced to defend sustained pressure, they crumble.

The only memory I have of Skille this year is when he scored the first goal of the year against Buffalo with that wrist shot.

I think it's safe to say teams have caught on to that.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Calvert has regressed... massively over the past year. I'm sorry. I have been holding back from saying that but the time has finally come. I used to praise Calvert for his toughness, heart, character... etc.

That's crap.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Agreed here. He doesn't even do his one dimension that well. He's pretty good when he's hot but when he's not he's just another warm body.

Don't agree on Calvert. He was fine and was playing great in the previous games in the past week or two. But yes he sucked tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad