Reimer

Inactive
Ashton, Holzer, Smith

Injured
Holland, Lupul​

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Was at the game on Halloween when they put a hurting on us. Hopefully they can repay the favor tonight.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
gotta keep pace with NYR and Caps

I think at this point, you have to root for the Rangers and Islanders to beat the teams around us like the Caps, Bruins, Fla, Tor, etc., obviously root against them against other teams, but the ones around us. I think you almost have to concede the top 3 spots in the division and focus on the wild card. Toronto and Boston are very catch-able, I think Florida will slide and if we win tonight, we jump Ottawa and I think they will continue to slide and we won't see them again.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Cam has to step it up. I think he has a huge 2nd half of the season. He's an ideal situation now, with Calvert and Dubinsky, and we could really use some strong 5-5 play from that line. Cam playing for $$, contract year and all...extra motivation is all I'm saying.

I'm gonna say that line carries play for us tonight, with 6 points combined.

Good guys 3-1.

GWG Matty Ice.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I think at this point, you have to root for the Rangers and Islanders to beat the teams around us like the Caps, Bruins, Fla, Tor, etc., obviously root against them against other teams, but the ones around us. I think you almost have to concede the top 3 spots in the division and focus on the wild card. Toronto and Boston are very catch-able, I think Florida will slide and if we win tonight, we jump Ottawa and I think they will continue to slide and we won't see them again.

I agree. Nine points back of Boston this morning but four (four!) games in hand on them. In fact, we have games in hand on everybody in the mix except Fla. Need to win them to make them count.

Shopcat

Mar 10, 2010
Cam has to step it up. I think he has a huge 2nd half of the season. He's an ideal situation now, with Calvert and Dubinsky, and we could really use some strong 5-5 play from that line. Cam playing for $$, contract year and all...extra motivation is all I'm saying.

I'm gonna say that line carries play for us tonight, with 6 points combined.

Good guys 3-1.

GWG Matty Ice.

Like Like LIKE:handclap:

RBarRegular

May 20, 2009
Senecaville
I figure the Leafs come with a big effort tonight. They've had a day to catch their breath. They'll come out flying. The Toronto media (Mirtle, Alberta, Simmons, etc. ) will lose their minds if we beat the Leafs tonight.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I agree. Nine points back of Boston this morning but four (four!) games in hand on them. In fact, we have games in hand on everybody in the mix except Fla. Need to win them to make them count.

It reminds me of the year St. Louis had a ridiculous amount of games in hand on everyone all season, like 4-5 games. I would much rather have games in hand than be channel surfing worrying about what everyone else is doing. I really like what position we are in and I think the games in hand will motivate the team. Need a big effort tonight, hope the boys aren't thinking ahead to sleeping in their own beds. A 3-1 road trip would be an amazing trip. I went to the last game in Toronto, the 2-1 win, they aren't a vocal bunch the fans, if we get up on them early, the fans will sit on their hands. The lower bowl is all wine and cheesers, $400+ per ticket for the most part, nobody can hear the true fans in the upper tank so it's not that intimidating a building.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Was at the game on Halloween when they put a hurting on us. Hopefully they can repay the favor tonight.

The Jackets were missing like 10 players ( not even an exaggeration ) due to injury in that one. With a ( relatively ) healthy lineup, the Jackets are capable of destroying the Leafs. They allow an average of 34 shots against per game, and are a turnover machine.

But yeah, that was a tough loss. Hopefully they do indeed return the favor.
By the way, your username is just epic. I love it :laugh:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I figure the Leafs come with a big effort tonight. They've had a day to catch their breath. They'll come out flying. The Toronto media (Mirtle, Alberta, Simmons, etc. ) will lose their minds if we beat the Leafs tonight.

The Leafs are a group of lazy heartless players. If the Jackets play their game from the start the Leafs will fold quickly.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The Jackets were missing like 10 players ( not even an exaggeration ) due to injury in that one. With a ( relatively ) healthy lineup, the Jackets are capable of destroying the Leafs. They allow an average of 34 shots against per game, and are a turnover machine.

But yeah, that was a tough loss. Hopefully they do indeed return the favor.
By the way, your username is just epic. I love it :laugh:

And we take on average about what 11 ? :laugh: I guess we meet somewhere slightly above the middle somewhere around 27.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If there's ever a night for the Leafs to show up and play hard, it's tonight. We'll have to be ready for battle.

I'm really curious how the bottom-six will shake out as the game progresses. TR trusts Letestu a lot and you know he'll play a lot more than Boll as the game progresses. Last game's goal Letestu was briefly out there with Wennberg and Collins. I would like to see a line of Morin-Letestu-Wennberg. Three players that can pass, in our bottom-six, the thought of it!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

This. My thoughts exactly.

If there's ever a night for the Leafs to show up and play hard, it's tonight. We'll have to be ready for battle.

I'm really curious how the bottom-six will shake out as the game progresses. TR trusts Letestu a lot and you know he'll play a lot more than Boll as the game progresses. Last game's goal Letestu was briefly out there with Wennberg and Collins. I would like to see a line of Morin-Letestu-Wennberg. Three players that can pass, in our bottom-six, the thought of it!

:laugh:

As a Leaf fan, I can definitely say the above happens very rarely. In fact, what you will likely see from the Leafs is what they've done the last 15 games - play lazy, without any effort, no sustained pressure, and now a new coach who will treat the lines like a slot machine and switch them up every 5 minutes. Then, by the time it's 10 min left, we'll start playing hard (even though we'll be down, like, 5-1) and the players will try to fool the fans into the effort put in for just the last 10 minutes and the crowd will not buy it, because they know...

The Leafs are a group of lazy heartless players. If the Jackets play their game from the start the Leafs will fold quickly.

... and will start booing.

I would come in and say good luck, but I'm an honest man. The team is playing like **** right now and I see no turnaround in sight. Just about every Leaf fan has as pegged down for a loss, so I don't think you'll need any luck. Relentless, hard working teams like you guys tend to give us total fits.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com

I'd even be okay with moving Wennberg to LW, moving up Morin to Cam's spot and dropping Cam to Morin's with Letestu and Wennberg.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I really am wanting one of those games where every line chips in and we score 6,7 goals if we come out to play this could be one of those games

also cant wait to see our future top line right wing in kessel :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad