GDT: Game 39: Columbus at Toronto | 1/9 7:30PM EST

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wow, a team that can score on an EN. Hope TR was taking notes.

Worst effort of the season, just no excuse after a ton of rest and playing a bad team.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Jackets still have two drag lines.Take our first two down and you've pretty much got the game in the bag. What: is a Boll gonna change momentum with a big hit or a Calvert gonna change momentum with some big hits/disruptions/agitation?

This lineup lacks

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wow, a team that can score on an EN. Hope TR was taking notes.

Worst effort of the season, just no excuse after a ton of rest and playing a bad team.

Sounds like akid who gets beat up:

Well, you're stupid :laugh:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
They were bad. Jackets let a bad team shove them around and showed 0 urgency to win the game.

You say things like this so much, it's loses all meaning.

We've had worse performances on this road trip. Take the Arizona game for example.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Amazed that there's so much to discuss about a guy that plays 8 minutes and change in the game.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Was pretty cute to see the Leafs act like they won the Cup after that ENG. Good for them I guess.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Calvert and Atkinson are just ew at the moment. Dubi can't carry them with their lethargic play.

Maybe if Horton wasn't made of glass... damnit.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Forgetting the reasons like so and so was out for X games, etc, we currently have one line that seems capable, that being the Joey line.

The other 3 lines struggle, are playing up in the lineup, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact number of shots we wound up with, but towards the end of the game we were at 17, or 50% of what Toronto averages in giving up.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Look at it this way, in our last 6, we've won at a 2:1 ratio. If we can somehow manage to continue that pace, then that puts us close to 100 points at the end of the season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Calvert and Atkinson are just ew at the moment. Dubi can't carry them with their lethargic play.

Maybe if Horton wasn't made of glass... damnit.
Dubi should look in the mirror. Hasn't looked right or played like the Dubinsky of last season yet this year. I know he missed like 30 games, but it's time for him to step up.

Look at it this way, in our last 6, we've won at a 2:1 ratio. If we can somehow manage to continue that pace, then that puts us close to 100 points at the end of the season.

Good point.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Calvert and Atkinson are just ew at the moment. Dubi can't carry them with their lethargic play. .

Thought about mentioning that Dubi's been really mediocre lately, but didn't want to be accused of boat rocking. Agreed.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sure would like to see Atkinson step it up.

No goals in his last 10 and just 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 19 games.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Forgetting the reasons like so and so was out for X games, etc, we currently have one line that seems capable, that being the Joey line.

The other 3 lines struggle, are playing up in the lineup, etc.

I'm not sure of the exact number of shots we wound up with, but towards the end of the game we were at 17, or 50% of what Toronto averages in giving up.

I think we're getting to the point where we need to throw Rychel and Dano into the fire. Luke Adam might just be another Brett Harkins/Geoff Platt but given the lack of secondary scoring, it's worth a try.

They can't be worse than Boll at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad