GDT: Game 39 - CBJ vs. Chicago Blackhawks (Sunday Dec 29 5pm)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
CBJ have played some damn good hockey lately... They look like it's the playoffs... Korpisalo playing all-star of late too... They're closing in on a zero goal differential too...

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Watched second half of period. Early start fooled me. Good getting the first goal but Nash takes that shot ten times and lucky to score twice.

Really nice pass by Foligno on #2.

Hard to criticize Torts the way team has played of late but if he has zero trust in Elvis then send him down to play and get someone here that can give Korpi some breaks. Elvis has been idle so long I expect him to flop when he finally gets to play.

I do like the idea of Stens over Wenns. Agree with Vid, I have a man crush on Gavrikov...I sure he and the wife are happy here. He will be our salesman to Tarasov and Marchenko.

FTR, amazing how Hawks have imploded last couple of years. Can’t win without depth and simply relying on and overpaying two stars.
I really don't believe it is a trust issue with Elivus. Torts is simply riding the hot goalie right now. Elvis will get his chances, but if Korpisalo stays hot it could be a while. At this point, they have to do what is working rather than worry about getting guys time. Try to get him to Cleveland for a start.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I really don't believe it is a trust issue with Elivus. Torts is simply riding the hot goalie right now. Elvis will get his chances, but if Korpisalo stays hot it could be a while. At this point, they have to do what is working rather than worry about getting guys time. Try to get him to Cleveland for a start.
I agree with this completely.

Joonas has never been the #1 goaltender before. We need to see how he handles the job over the whole season, just as much as we need to see what Elvis is capable of as a backup. #1 goalies play games. That's how it works. Especially in a streak, especially when he's hot, and we need all the points we can get.

It's an 82-game season. Elvis will get his games when he gets his games.

Reactions: Monstershockey

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Looks like Torts has flipped Wennberg and PLD and not sure why unless it’s to get PLD more ice time playing with Foligno. But I hate Wennberg playing between 50 and 42.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If anyone is reading this at the game and sees one of the giveaway card sets left behind by someone sitting near them, could you grab it for me? I meant to ask this yesterday, but I'm an idiot.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Still need to manage workload.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Still need to manage workload.
True. But if you are trying to see if your guy is a #1 goalie, giving him a heavy work load when he is playing well is a good thing. You want a #1 guy that can handle it. There will be time to get Elvis in, but if Joonas keeps playing well, he deserves all the starts he can handle.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
anyone slightly scared the team will fall apart in the third ?

I hope they don't would be another nice win if they stick together

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
OT: Cody Goloubef with an assist for the Sens. Kid still hanging around on the NHL fringes.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
anyone slightly scared the team will fall apart in the third ?

I hope they don't would be another nice win if they stick together
165FB5CC-B9DC-4C8C-8FF4-F4A9898DC842.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad