GDT: Game 39 - CBJ vs. Chicago Blackhawks (Sunday Dec 29 5pm)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
full
full

Somebody had to do it! This is a winnable game.

NHL Preview
Advanced Stats Preview
1st Ohio Battery Preview
Tonight's Referees

CBJ Projected Lineup:

1: Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Eric Robinson
2: Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Kevin Stenlund
3: Nick Foligno - Alexander Wennberg - Nathan Gerbe
4: Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Ryan MacInnis

D1: Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
D2: Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
D3: Gabriel Carlsson - Dean Kukan

G: Joonus Korpisalo
Backup: Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Sonny Milano (injury), Scott Harrington (illness)

Milano did not practice with the team Saturday and seems unlikely to return to action, while Harrington did return to action and said he's feeling better. In addition, Merzlikins could be tabbed to start, as he allowed three goals and played moderately okay in an overtime loss to the Blackhawks earlier this season.

Hawks Projected Lineup:

1: Kubalik - Toews - Quenneville
2: DeBrincat - Dach - Strome
3: Nylander - Carpenter - Kane
4 Smith - Kampf - Highmore

D1: Keith - Gustafsson
D2: Koekkoek - Murphy
D3: Gilbert - Boqvist

G: Lehner
Backup: Crawford

Scratches: Olli Maatta, Dylan Sikura

Robin Lehner will start for the second straight game and the fourth time in the last five overall tonight in Columbus. Adam Boqvist (shoulder) returns to the lineup after missing Friday's game against the Islanders and Olli Maatta will be a healthy scratch.

Tonight's game will be played indoors, on ice! Bring your wife, your girlfriend and the kids!

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Looks like it's going to be close to a sellout. Many Grove City Hawks fans will be at NWA.

Winnable game. Do it!

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
At some point the CBJ are going to lay an egg with all this youth in the lineup....hopefully not tonight!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hopefully when some bodies are healthy , Stenlund has shown that He’s a cheaper , better Wennberg replacement that can actually score

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Have you guys seen #44 t shirts at the Blue Line store ? If they have some, I might just pick one up on Tuesday to add to my t-shirt collection with 42, 72, 9.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Watched second half of period. Early start fooled me. Good getting the first goal but Nash takes that shot ten times and lucky to score twice.

Really nice pass by Foligno on #2.

Hard to criticize Torts the way team has played of late but if he has zero trust in Elvis then send him down to play and get someone here that can give Korpi some breaks. Elvis has been idle so long I expect him to flop when he finally gets to play.

I do like the idea of Stens over Wenns. Agree with Vid, I have a man crush on Gavrikov...I sure he and the wife are happy here. He will be our salesman to Tarasov and Marchenko.

FTR, amazing how Hawks have imploded last couple of years. Can’t win without depth and simply relying on and overpaying two stars.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad