GDT: Game #39: Bruins vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - Counting All My Fingers Edition

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
well, anyone want to pontificate on the Keller/McBain/Schmaltz line?

also...Guenther looks like he belongs, which is great to see. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when we send him back.
So so. I really like Kerfoot there, but I do like the line changes. Guenther has been very good. He is very fast, and I think he has the confidence and play to stay up.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's just not a NHL level player anymore. It happens, wish him well in his retirement The concerning thing is though, they are treating him like their highest paid dman instead of the healthy scratch he should be. How he could've been starting the overtime much less getting multiple shifts is nuts.

About 4 of 'em.
I think Dumba has been the biggest bust when you factor in expectations. We knew going into the season our D would be our weak point, but man, some games it's scary.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I think Dumba has been the biggest bust when you factor in expectations. We knew going into the season our D would be our weak point, but man, some games it's scary.
He just can't skate and if he's not physical he's useless out there. His idea of a breakout pass is a chip off the glass. He should be getting scratched or at the very least 3rd pairing guy playing limited minutes. AT can't be using him like a solid top 4 guy.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We caught a team on a back to back, that helped but I thought we played well overall. Still, too many mistakes, our goalie bailed us out a few times. Gunts might stick now, he seems ok on D and without the puck to me, obviously he has some points in just a few games. Lets see how the next 3-5 games go for him.

Dumba has lost a step but I think Bear needs to limit his use like in OT when foot speed is more important. I think he is more of a third pairing D now but we are asking him to take second and first pair minutes sometimes. Dermit is a border line NHL D.
I think BA signed Dumba for a first pairing, but not only has he lost a step, his hockey IQ seems low. So many bad penalties. Such an up and down player. Our D just sucks, period. Stecher is playing very good.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
This will be fun. It's not easy, losing to the Coyotes

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
NHL goaltenders do the splits multiple times daily and are extremely limber, yet they still pull groin muscles. What's the lesson? Humans just ain't meant to move that way.

Great game. Let's hear it for small skill players.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How is that not a pick by Keller when Schmaltz scores the winner? Sure looked like interference to me, :dunno:

I could see it. Keller even changes direction to get in his path. However, perhaps the ref didn't think it was consequential to the play.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Was at last night's game and I saw a couple of interesting things aside from the usual. Boston player like to antagonize opposing players, with little touches with their sticks after the whistle, little shoves, etc. By and large the refs let them get away with it.

Sean Durzi threw a reverse shoulder injuring Boston center Poitras when Poitras tried to finish off Durzi against the boards. Served Poitras right.

Boston trainers were on the ice after the game looking for Ulrich's testicles after a horrific non contact groin injury as Ulrich went into a butterfly.

Guenther is earning his keep. I wouldn't want to antagonize him further by sending him back to Tucson. He may bolt the team first chance if we do this to him again.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Was at last night's game and I saw a couple of interesting things aside from the usual. Boston player like to antagonize opposing players, with little touches with their sticks after the whistle, little shoves, etc. By and large the refs let them get away with it.

Sean Durzi threw a reverse shoulder injuring Boston center Poitras when Poitras tried to finish off Durzi against the boards. Served Poitras right.

Boston trainers were on the ice after the game looking for Ulrich's testicles after a horrific non contact groin injury as Ulrich went into a butterfly.

Guenther is earning his keep. I wouldn't want to antagonize him further by sending him back to Tucson. He may bolt the team first chance if we do this to him again.
Wow, what a great game to make it to!
Did any Yotes fan antagonize any Bruin fans after the OT goal? I hope so!
Also, can you give us your thoughts on Dumba’s play?

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
That was one of my concerns, but he seems to be handling it just fine. He is getting better and better as he adjusts to the NHL game.
Yep, I've been impressed. I think he will have a Jack Hughes type trajectory. Get better each year but still only put up 50+ points, then a breakout in his third season.

Both looked cool as a cucumber. Guenther has adjusted to the NHL game, and didn't look out of place, at all.
Guenther looks like the guy we drafted. He looked very snake bitten last season ala Strome whenever we called him up. He was timid and didn't use his weapons properly. He was too scared to mess up. He hasn't showed that for a second this season. In fact he made a huge blunder in the WPG game and only got better. Fantastic sign because in the back of my head I was started to get worried about what we had in him.

Reactions: finkelsteinberg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This will be fun. It's not easy, losing to the Coyotes

This thread is fun. There are so many responses I want to try out but I don’t think I have rope left. I get suspended for the silliest things nowadays. Repeat offender. These doofuses have put so many on a tee for me. But I have both hands tied behind my back.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
This thread is fun. There are so many responses I want to try out but I don’t think I have rope left. I get suspended for the silliest things nowadays. Repeat offender. These doofuses have put so many on a tee for me. But I have both hands tied behind my back.
I haven't been suspended yet. Tell me what you want to say and I will be your proxy ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Prarievarg

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I will never understand why we’re so hated. Just a hockey team in Arizona. Hasn’t even been very good ever.

“My ECHL team in Florida has a bigger arena what a disgrace” alright you live in Florida why the f*** do you care about Arizona bro

Imma get banned so f***ing fast if I go in there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad