GDT: Game #39: Bruins vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - Counting All My Fingers Edition

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Good win. Identity win. It was a game where we didn't play our A game against a tired team, BUT...

We were opportunistic.

We stayed focused and didn't cave to pressure.

We got some timely goaltending.

We got a little bit of luck.

We beat (and thoroughly outworked) a good team.

We'll take it. On to the next.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Good win. Identity win. It was a game where we didn't play our A game against a tired team, BUT...

We were opportunistic.

We stayed focused and didn't cave to pressure.

We got some timely goaltending.

We got a little bit of luck.

We beat (and thoroughly outworked) a good team.

We'll take it. On to the next.
I agree with Everything except for thoroughly out worked a good team

I thought the Bruins won most of the puck battles which was frustrating as there should be no excuse for that

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Dumba is a game breaker.. unfortunately usually it’s for the wrong team

I liked him against Colorado and the very first game in Australia

We have a few players on the team that are momentum killers, you almost wonder if they put money on the other team

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think this team will be really good when we get Hayton back if Guenther stays up. I hope he does. I like LOB but I don't think we need him. I don't honestly think he's really done anything wrong but the refs just always side against him so he's a liability.

Pick one of Dermott and Dumba and fire them into the sun. Preferably Dumba to be honest. Make Dermott the 7th D.

Reactions: Napoli and Nowotny

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think this team will be really good when we get Hayton back if Guenther stays up. I hope he does. I like LOB but I don't think we need him. I don't honestly think he's really done anything wrong but the refs just always side against him so he's a liability.

Pick one of Dermott and Dumba and fire them into the sun. Preferably Dumba to be honest. Make Dermott the 7th D.
We're not going to be consistent winners with either of Dermott or Dumba on the ice. We desperately need a D overhaul.

Reactions: Nowotny and Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We caught a team on a back to back, that helped but I thought we played well overall. Still, too many mistakes, our goalie bailed us out a few times. Gunts might stick now, he seems ok on D and without the puck to me, obviously he has some points in just a few games. Lets see how the next 3-5 games go for him.

Dumba has lost a step but I think Bear needs to limit his use like in OT when foot speed is more important. I think he is more of a third pairing D now but we are asking him to take second and first pair minutes sometimes. Dermit is a border line NHL D.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Dumba has lost a step but I think Bear needs to limit his use like in OT when foot speed is more important. I think he is more of a third pairing D now but we are asking him to take second and first pair minutes sometimes. Dermit is a border line NHL D.
I think this is a good take. Limit Dumba's minutes, and definitely don't use him in OT. I think he adds value to this group with his physicality, but he needs to understand that he doesn't have the footspeed anymore, so no pinching or offensive raids. Dermott isn't a top 6 D on a competitive NHL team

Reactions: cobra427

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad