GDT: Game 38: Montreal Canadiens vs Nashville Predators 1/3/23 8:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You could have started with 5 😁
7 against Florida
9 against Washington
11 seems to be the next milestone of mediocrity

Nobody likes blow out losses like our last 3 games

But i can remember the same for Colorado in their 48 point season. That year they drafted Cale Makar, next year they made the playoffs. 4 years later they won the cup.
I hope the management team we now have in place is competent enough to fix this mess longterm.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
7 against Florida
9 against Washington

I hope the management team we now have in place is competent enough to fix this mess longterm.
How do you fix this mess while also trying to tank hard for Bedard?
It’s hard to fix it just enough that we lose but don’t get blown out. Super hard calibration.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Agreed. But winning is also not acceptable either in the race for Bedard. So what perfect little tweek gets you to losing but competitively?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Who's it going to be tonight?
16727551146041063679753224973419.jpg

Reactions: ArtPeur

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
While it would be amazing to land Connor Bedard I am not expecting it. It's a lottery.
I know it’s a question of probabilities rather than certainty but hope may be enough for this dream. I’ll quote Lebrun from this morning’s Athletic article.

“So don’t be surprised if some of the lottery teams start their trade deadline selloff a bit sooner than usual this season. Because the motivation to cement the best possible odds for the lottery has taken on a whole new level of urgency after Bedard’s world junior performance.”

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
7 against Florida
9 against Washington

Yeah I know, I mean it started out with a 5-2 loss to Tampa where the Bolts were totally dominating the Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. But winning is also not acceptable either in the race for Bedard. So what perfect little tweek gets you to losing but competitively?

Trading Monahan, Savard, and one of Eddy or Matheson seem to be important for the losing part. We've taken a nose dive in the standings since they went down. Yes, the schedule is harder. But before, we weren't getting blown out by the good teams like this.

Hopefully teams looking to acquire vets at the deadline have taken notice of how valuable their contributions have been.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Or, we could potentially have 3-4 first-round picks in this year's draft simply because our vets and team in general played above their heads. Look what they managed to get for the defensive equivalent of Josh Anderson.

Reactions: Runner77

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Expect a better effort but this team is simply lacking decent talent. Habs sadly have arrived.
That's all we expected with this roster,but the lack of effort is unexcusable. Hopefully they start making those accountable sit because there value isn't going to change at this point and it's just destroying the overall product.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Nobody likes blow out losses like our last 3 games

But i can remember the same for Colorado in their 48 point season. That year they drafted Cale Makar, next year they made the playoffs. 4 years later they won the cup.
So... we are in the playoffs in 2025 then?

Reactions: SwiftyHab

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Who are you people!? It's new year's resolution time!
No more goals on the first shot for Allen!
Drouin will score on the powerplays!
Our rookie defensemen will shut down all opposition!
17 wins is the official NHL record for most wins in 1993 by the Pittsburg Penguins. We're going to beat that starting tonight
Go :habs
It's January 3rd, the time to bury the new year resolutions
let's get back to do what we always do woohhoo

• Wow
Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's all we expected with this roster,but the lack of effort is unexcusable. Hopefully they start making those accountable sit because there value isn't going to change at this point and it's just destroying the overall product.
I have said it since the beginning of the year- win or lose all I want is effort and some level of entertainment. This road trip has resembled the worst moments of last season.
No compete level is unacceptable.

I think management is about to start scratching some of these useless vets.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I have said it since the beginning of the year- win or lose all I want is effort and some level of entertainment. This road trip has resembled the worst moments of last season.
No compete level is unacceptable.

I think management is about to start scratching some of these useless vets.
After last night there is no more of that "win or lose". It's only lose lose. So... Lose or lose, all I want is effort and some level of entertainment.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
After last night there is no more of that "win or lose". It's one lose lose. So... Lose or lose, all I want is effort and some level of entertainment.
My concern for having a total loser mindset is the impact it can have on the younger players. Hard to compete when you have a team no better than last season.

Reactions: SupRocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3