GDT: Game 38 | Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche | 9:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

crashman

I thought he looked small on the ice, but holy crap.

Can someone tell me what kind of defenseman he is?

He's a defensive defenseman? Because the dude seems really, really soft.

I liked his skating... His passing was OK.

To me, he looked a lot like a guy playing in his first ever game.

I honestly couldn't tell, based on this game, if he's a better defenseman than Lashoff -- at the moment.

I agree that he needs to put on some muscle to be a good defensive-defenseman, but it's not a concern.

RHN looked like a 12 year old when he came into the league. I understand that DeKeyser is a bit older than RHN, but I'm sure he'll get some serious gym time in over the summer.

CloneHakanPlease*

I agree that he needs to put on some muscle to be a good defensive-defenseman, but it's not a concern.

RHN looked like a 12 year old when he came into the league. I understand that DeKeyser is a bit older than RHN, but I'm sure he'll get some serious gym time in over the summer.

Have him live with Chelios and ingest his rigorous steak, spaghetti, and "vitamin" diet. Even with his small stature he showered more sustained physical play than most of our defensemen ever have.

Can't wait to see Nyquist get sent down for Sammy. :help:

Please don't remind me. Nyquist finally looks like hes getting some confidence and momentum out there. Hope he stays up. Dude was one of our most dangerous forwards by far. It honestly boggles my mind how we don't both him and Tatar up given how lethargic and **** our offense has been at times this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I thought he looked small on the ice, but holy crap.

Can someone tell me what kind of defenseman he is?

He's a defensive defenseman? Because the dude seems really, really soft.

I liked his skating... His passing was OK.

To me, he looked a lot like a guy playing in his first ever game.

I honestly couldn't tell, based on this game, if he's a better defenseman than Lashoff -- at the moment.

I don't think he's soft but he looked a little tentative which I would expect in your first game, just trying not to do anything wrong

crashman

Please don't remind me. Nyquist finally looks like hes getting some confidence and momentum out there. Hope he stays up. Dude was one of our most dangerous forwards by far. It honestly boggles my mind how we don't both him and Tatar up given how lethargic and **** our offense has been at times this season.

The only thing I can think of is that Holland is trying to keep Nyquist's next contract down by limiting his NHL games/stats. What other good reason could there possibly be to not have the kid in the NHL 100% of the time? Especially over guys like Tootoo and Eaves.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
The only thing I can think of is that Holland is trying to keep Nyquist's next contract down by limiting his NHL games/stats. What other good reason could there possibly be to not have the kid in the NHL 100% of the time? Especially over guys like Tootoo and Eaves.

Holland wants to bring prospects in slowly. By filtering them in, we don't take a step back like teams such as Edmonton do by throwing them all in. However, that only works when the team you put around them is actually good! When your prospects are better than your 3rd and 4rth line players, you run out of good excuses to prolong the inevitable. I hope he's learned this by now. His inactivity at the trade deadline doesn't inspire much confidence though.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Have him live with Chelios and ingest his rigorous steak, spaghetti, and "vitamin" diet. Even with his small stature he showered more sustained physical play than most of our defensemen ever have.

I think that both Tatar before and Nyquist now are playing so well that it is becoming hard to keep them out of the lineup. His goal last night was a thing of beauty, he created it all by himself and the move was fantastic and looked confident.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
'Roids can fix that.

hvche0.jpg

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
PP since it scored on road

1-2 @ calgary
1-5 @ edmonton
1-3 @ vancouver
1-5 vs minnesota
1-2 @ anaheim
1-5 @ anaheim
2-5 @ phoenix
0-2 @ SJ
0-2 vs chicago
1-2 vs colorado
2-6 @ phoenix
1-4 @ colorado

12-43 = 27.9%

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
PP since it scored on road

1-2 @ calgary
1-5 @ edmonton
1-3 @ vancouver
1-5 vs minnesota
1-2 @ anaheim
1-5 @ anaheim
2-5 @ phoenix
0-2 @ SJ
0-2 vs chicago
1-2 vs colorado
2-6 @ phoenix
1-4 @ colorado

12-43 = 27.9%

I thinnk our PP is the reason why we improved our record on the raod. Now if the team could put it all together.

BTW folks, we have swept the Avs. We did it in '08. Just saying.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
I thinnk our PP is the reason why we improved our record on the raod. Now if the team could put it all together.

BTW folks, we have swept the Avs. We did it in '08. Just saying.

and? are you proud? whats next? celebrating a victory in a test game vs. grand rappids?
we swept the dead last team in the league. they have a lot of injuries. its more an upgraded ahl team right now. everything else then a swept would be disappointing.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I agree that Chelios would be a great mentor for him. I think if he develops fully he would be a comparable type of player to Chelios. DD would be best as a good skating tough nasty defensemen but he has a long ways to go before he is that type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad