GDT: Game 38: Cry, Cry, Cry... | Canucks at Hawks | Dec. 20, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | NHL-US

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicfroster*

Count me in the nerd group for tonight. No way I'm going out this weekend, bars out here are going to be PACKED. Grilling some steaks tonight, opening some good wine, and cracking open some fine bourbon for the game. :yo:

i'll be staying in with a case of lucky, pizza, and a few of my closest.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
For those who go to the games regularly, planning on being around the UC at about 5. Want to go to a bar to pregame and get some dinner before. Any suggestions? It will be my wife, sister-in-law, and her boyfriend with us. Plan is to park, then walk to the bar.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Going to be at the game tonight with my ol' man. Him and my stepmom are in town for the holidays. We haven't been to a game together at the UC for a few years, so really looking forward to it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
For those who go to the games regularly, planning on being around the UC at about 5. Want to go to a bar to pregame and get some dinner before. Any suggestions? It will be my wife, sister-in-law, and her boyfriend with us. Plan is to park, then walk to the bar.

Do you already have a parking pass? I would just park on the street near WestEnd and not bother paying to get in the lots, then walk back there after the game for the car. Place gets packed, but being there at 5 you shouldn't have any issue getting a table. Food is pretty good there.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Do you already have a parking pass? I would just park on the street near WestEnd and not bother paying to get in the lots, then walk back there after the game for the car. Place gets packed, but being there at 5 you shouldn't have any issue getting a table. Food is pretty good there.

How far away is it? 5-10 min walk?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Looks like .7 miles. Is west end that much better than Billy Goat? Looking at a map, Billy goat looks a lot closer.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I usually go to Billy Goat, actually, because my brother isn't 21 so he's allowed in. They have a huge gravel lot in the back, so parking is really easy, and it's a close walk.

Food wise, it's basically a fast food burger place. I like the food, but you may be better off somewhere with table service if your group doesn't want to stand in line to get food.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I usually go to Billy Goat, actually, because my brother isn't 21 so he's allowed in. They have a huge gravel lot in the back, so parking is really easy, and it's a close walk.

Food wise, it's basically a fast food burger place. I like the food, but you may be better off somewhere with table service if your group doesn't want to stand in line to get food.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated

member 151739

"Nerd games"

thesasquatchgang010xw3.png

Okay, IU.

member 151739

We all post on a hockey message board (some of us religiously). Let that sink in for a moment...

Oh, I'm definitely a nerd. I'm glad I am. I just didn't like the classification of "nerd games." :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad