GDT: Game 38: Cry, Cry, Cry... | Canucks at Hawks | Dec. 20, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | NHL-US

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Damn straight. Having it one of the days I'm down there, too.

Trust me, place was a staple for me growing up.

Have some for me, then. Last time I was in Champaign was about 20 years ago when I was there for my cousin's graduation at UIUC. I can still taste it, too. :cry:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I watched about half the Nucks/Stars game tonight (always nice to see the Nucks lose) - but the one thing I was very impressed with was the Nucks PK. They're very aggressive attacking the puck - give the PP team no space or time to do much. One little bobble of a pass and the Nuck PKer is right on the puck. It will be important for the Hawks to move and be very crisp with passes while on the PP.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Never expected to run acrossa Yuna picture here. X had the best story but Lightning was by far the hottest character, of course.

I wonder if the canucks still see us as their measuring stick.

CertainAffinity*

So will we see Luongo or Lack tomorrow? Dallas chased Lu out of the net early in the 3rd tonight.

According to Vancouver sports press, it was a planned start for Lack from the beginning.

Which sounds odd, I know, but Lack also got the planned start at the end of a road trip against St Louis when they were rolling, and they won that game.

*shrugs*

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Never played any final fantasy games so don't know or understand what you guys are talking about

Will miss this game ,, Hoping for Hawks W when I get home from work

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Ten had a gorgeous sound track. Combat was good too. But the characters... Holy hell. So much crying. Yuna was boring. Tidus was such a girl.

Blitzball was awesome though.

Hawks win 4-2.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Best deep dish in the world at Papa Del's in Champaign.

Damn straight. Having it one of the days I'm down there, too.

Trust me, place was a staple for me growing up.

I'm going there for the second time in a week tomorrow. Went with my buddy who stopped by on his way home last week and will go tomorrow with my mom. It'll be a nice treat for a good first semester.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I always look forward to playing Vancouver. There isn't as big of a rivalry with a couple years without seeing them in the playoffs, but there is definitely some hatred that still permeates in the building when these two square off. Hope we shell them tomorrow.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Never played any final fantasy games so don't know or understand what you guys are talking about

Will miss this game ,, Hoping for Hawks W when I get home from work

Ditto nearly everything here, only I'll be missing the game for an ugly sweater yacht party :yo:.

Never been into those kinda games, and the only games I've really played the last 5-6 years are NHL and FIFA.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, never understood people liking games that play themselves, just watch a movie instead.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Ditto nearly everything here, only I'll be missing the game for an ugly sweater yacht party :yo:.

Never been into those kinda games, and the only games I've really played the last 5-6 years are NHL and FIFA.

I'll be at my company's Christmas party tonight. It's at a fancy Italian restaurant in LaGrange Park. I'm hoping they have a tv on with the game, but probably not.

Nothingman*

Will miss this game
,, Hoping for Hawks W when I get home from work

This is me as well. I will drink some booze for everyone tonight though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Count me in the nerd group for tonight. No way I'm going out this weekend, bars out here are going to be PACKED. Grilling some steaks tonight, opening some good wine, and cracking open some fine bourbon for the game. :yo:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Count me in the nerd group for tonight. No way I'm going out this weekend, bars out here are going to be PACKED. Grilling some steaks tonight, opening some good wine, and cracking open some fine bourbon for the game. :yo:

What kind of wine goes best with bourbon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad