GDT: Game 38: Coyotes @ Canucks - 8PM - FSAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
2 to go.

Ice Arizona. What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
HH44CAR.gif

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
2 to go.

Ice Arizona. What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

Lol, nice.

2 to go til what? 2 til tipp is fired? idk...idk if ownership will do it. 8 game losing streak (&counting) and underachieving talent (after separate 5 and 6 game losing streaks earlier in season).... they SHOULD, but won't.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lol, nice.

2 to go til what? 2 til tipp is fired? idk...idk if ownership will do it. 8 game losing streak (&counting) and underachieving talent (after separate 5 and 6 game losing streaks earlier in season).... they SHOULD, but won't.

There's a five day break after the next two games. They don't make any changes then, they don't give a **** and odds are this team is gonzo.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I don't' even know anymore. Just, what the ****? I do know 13 and 19 are really bad.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I particularly enjoyed the broadcast team all reading from the same script. Heard "chasing the game" and "no margin of error" all night. Then the salted ham starts his question to Tipp with "margin of error" and "chasing the game". I'm sure glad we have a media that takes its talking points straight from the team.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I particularly enjoyed the broadcast team all reading from the same script. Heard "chasing the game" and "no margin of error" all night. Then the salted ham starts his question to Tipp with "margin of error" and "chasing the game". I'm sure glad we have a media that takes its talking points straight from the team.

On Sportsnet they have an entire segment dedicated to analyzing the coach's decisions, including if they're good or not

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
At this point I don't know what is the matter. Talent is definitely an issue. Our defense seems to only know how to bang it off the walls. No breakouts up the middle like many other teams accomplish. In the offensive zone, we can forecheck at times but nobody ever goes to the net. Perlini, Duclair and Crouse seem to try at times but Reider and Martinook are worthless except on a rush. It also doesn't help that come Friday, there is a good chance that 3 out of 4 centers will be waiver wire pickups or a conditional 6th round trade. Still think sending Perlini, DeAngelo and Dvorak back to AHL and Crouse, Chick back to juniors just to get them out of this tire fire might be the best for the future of the young guys. I keep watching, but convincing myself to continue spending money to go to the arena is getting tough.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Why would nontraditional markets need talking hams to interview coaches? :dunno:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Why would nontraditional markets need talking hams to interview coaches? :dunno:

Wouldn't a nontraditional market team need someone interesting? Listening to the same boring spiel every night doesn't attract anyone.

We need a Torts/Brooksie thing going on! People will tune in to the game just to experience the post game drama!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

Dumb down the content for "non traditional hockey fans" i.e treat them all like they have an overall IQ of 5. It's exactly what FSAZ does.

It may as well be;

Sweaty Ham - Coach Dave Tippett, it would seem you lost the game, which means you do not receive any points.
Tippett - That is correct.
Sweaty Ham - Thank you for your time.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
They need to give the keys to the young guys and just go with it. Make sure they are getting top minutes every night. Our worst players are vets and that's the issue. There's not vet leadership and I believe this has been mentioned before by the team itself.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
WP said:
We need a Torts/Brooksie thing going on! People will tune in to the game just to experience the post game drama!

If Dave Tippett turned around and punched Walsh in the nose during a post game presser, I would give him an extra year to turn things around on the ice. One season for every punch, so if he hit him 6 times, I would not gripe during the entire extension period.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
They need to give the keys to the young guys and just go with it. Make sure they are getting top minutes every night. Our worst players are vets and that's the issue. There's not vet leadership and I believe this has been mentioned before by the team itself.

Until Domi's back our top line should be Duke/Hanzal/Vrbata, Tipp can trust Hanzal and Vrby. Give em all 20 min or so a night like when Domi was in.

Next two lines should have Dvo,Perlini, Crouse, Rieder, Nook, Holland/Burmi. 15-17min a night for those two.

I love him, but Doan is really a problem right now. He should be a 12/13 forward. But because of who he is we have to play him in a non-fourth line role. Which I understand. He's Captain Coyote but it's not ideal :/

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If Dave Tippett turned around and punched Walsh in the nose during a post game presser, I would give him an extra year to turn things around on the ice. One season for every punch, so if he hit him 6 times, I would not gripe during the entire extension period.

Ideally it would be mid run-on question. Leaving Walsh stunned. They stare at each other for awhile.

Tipp hits him again.

It's all over ESPN, top story on every PHX news station. Bringing in a tonne of free advertising which leads to a 2k increase in attendance. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad