Post-Game Talk: GAME 38: Canucks def. Blues - 5-1 (Horvat, Gaudette, Leivo, Virtanen, Eriksson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Meanwhile every other coach puts out their top players to pad those stats. Green has to pad his little pets stats.
It's possible you may be drawing conclusions from an empty net goal that aren't justified.

Personally, I think that goal was Loui's interpretation of one of Tolstoy's novels, most likely Anna Karenina.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Youth leading the charge again. Wish they had some support, we may actually be a team that could do something in the playoffs.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Meanwhile every other coach puts out their top players to pad those stats. Green has to pad his little pets stats.

Well, I mean... if we want to have any hope of trade value for Loui... every little bit for little things helps? ...a little?

Honestly though, makes sense to me not pad the stats for players you have to pay big anyways vs padding stats for the marginal players you may want to dangle for trades. :naughty:

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I think Green also puts his best “defensive” guys out when the other team pulls the goalie. Thus why you see granlund, eriksson, JV with the empty netters.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Well, I mean... if we want to have any hope of trade value for Loui... every little bit for little things helps? ...a little?

Honestly though, makes sense to me not pad the stats for players you have to pay big anyways vs padding stats for the marginal players you may want to dangle for trades. :naughty:

Nah. Not my money. I want an EP40 Calder. He’s gonna have to “beat out” Dhalin as the NHL is probably dying to give it to him.

May 31, 2006
Edler 18:07
Tanev 16:18
Horvat 16:53

Given the icetime they've received in previous games, you have to think Green was resting them for Saturday night against the Jets' big guns.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Great game to be at. Highlight of the night was a kid climbing the boards to fish out a puck that was caught in the netting.

Horvat and Markstrom continue to be rock solid. Mind-boggling that people still seem to find a way to pile on Markstrom.

Nice to see Jake and Gaudette score.

Anyone else notice how most of Eriksson’s goals seem to be in garbage time? I can’t remember a goal of his that was a go-ahead goal or a tying goal. Lol.

Reactions: daddyohsix

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
The Virtanen watch.
11 goals. 18 points.
Career high goals. Two more points to tie career high points.

Yeah even the most optimistic of us probably wouldn't have predicted that at this point in the season. Hopefully we can move on from all this "But we should have picked Nylander" talk (which was starting to get incredibly nauseating) and move on to the "Wow - we have Jake." It's time to close the book on that chapter and start a new one. Jake is starting to look like he can be a real valuable piece for us moving forward.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah even the most optimistic of us probably wouldn't have predicted that at this point in the season. Hopefully we can move on from all this "But we should have picked Nylander" talk (which was starting to get incredibly nauseating) and move on to the "Wow - we have Jake." It's time to close the book on that chapter and start a new one. Jake is starting to look like he can be a real valuable piece for us moving forward.

Virtanen supporters or whatever the hell you want to call it, bring up Ehlers and Nylander more than anyone else lately.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So a blow out win, we just lost Stetcher to a cheap shot, and were complaining about not putting our best players on the ice in an empty net situation when the top line combined for one goal and one assist? The assist was on the power play too. Top line wasn't super tonight, I thought Virtanen was.

If we had iced them and a disgruntled player took a few liberties, you'd all be complaining about how Green put them in harm's way. It's like seeing the other side of something causes aneurysms on this board, I swear.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So a blow out win, we just lost Stetcher to a cheap shot, and were complaining about not putting our best players on the ice in an empty net situation when the top line combined for one goal and one assist? The assist was on the power play too. Top line wasn't super tonight, I thought Virtanen was.

If we had iced them and a disgruntled player took a few liberties, you'd all be complaining about how Green put them in harm's way. It's like seeing the other side of something causes aneurysms on this board, I swear.

There was absolutely no emotion in this game. The Blues have given up on the season, they don’t care enough to start shit. I was far from worried.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Speak for yourself. I always believed and still believe he'll pot 30 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad