Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - BRUINS 7 Tampa Bay 3

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Game closer than score suggests. Vas needed to stop Freddy and Pasta, who had only forehand opportunity . . . again, needs to be saved.

Kucherov is a beast . . . offensively. He's slated to be a 130+ point guy this year and projects to a -18. Granted . . .some of that is on goalie and defense.

Lauko 7:46 of ice-time??

Aussie Bruin has mentioned it frequently and I concur; would like to see more balanced ice-time. Mac getting 24+ minutes a game is not how I'd approach his load mngt.

Good contributions across Top 3 lines lately. Would like to at least see some sandpaper from 4th line

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
During their last 6 games, the Bruins have converted on 41.2% of their Powerplays.

The most productive players per 60?

Hampus Lindholm = 37.18 on-ice Goals For per 60min
Jake DeBrusk = 28.26
James van Riemsdyk = 28.13
Charlie Coyle = 25.71
Kevin Shattenkirk = 24.83

The least productive player? (and it's not even close)

Charlie McAvoy = 3.18

The above productivity player rankings are approx. the same over the last 20 games, too - so it's not just a microcosm of a small sample size.

I'd have Lindholm QB PP1 and Shattenkirk QB PP2.
If they're absolutely determined to keep McAvoy out there on the Powerplay, I'd consider removing Pavel Zacha for McAvoy on one of the units.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
During their last 6 games, the Bruins have converted on 41.2% of their Powerplays.

The most productive players per 60?

Hampus Lindholm = 37.18 on-ice Goals For per 60min
Jake DeBrusk = 28.26
James van Riemsdyk = 28.13
Charlie Coyle = 25.71
Kevin Shattenkirk = 24.83

The least productive player? (and it's not even close)

Charlie McAvoy = 3.18

The above productivity player rankings are approx. the same over the last 20 games, too - so it's not just a microcosm of a small sample size.

I'd have Lindholm QB PP1 and Shattenkirk QB PP2.
If they're absolutely determined to keep McAvoy out there on the Powerplay, I'd consider removing Pavel Zacha for McAvoy on one of the units.

Love seeing Jake up there.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I know that the NHL is so bad at marketing its basically become a meme, but for the last few seasons I have felt that Pasta needs to be a player they push nationally to grow the game. Great player, great story, and a truly fun personality. He's the exact type of player you want as a face of your league, not some of the robots (McDavid) or creepy looking (I won't mention) guys that normally are used as faces.

Maybe he's pushed more nationally than I realize, but it feels like a huge ball drop by the NHL.

I'm glad he's going to be a career Bruin.
IMG_1761.jpeg

From a few years ago, but they do promote our boy Pasta:)

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
I understand that its a bridge year with no resources so getting good production from guys like Geekie and JVR are huge in terms of getting into the playoffs and winning a round or two.

But people still shouldn't be expecting us to win a cup this year. The Bruins #1 need is still a 1C, points aside Geekie and Zacha ain't it. Coyle is definitely playing the part of a 2c which is great, I thought Zacha would take a step but he hasn't really and in between goals every so often the now Geekie line is getting caved when matched up against the other teams best.
I didn't say they are a Cup contender as currently built. They will add with caution, maybe get a few rounds, again all teams have issues this year more that most years.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I agree that losses bring out more posters.

But in fairness, the thread was made early in the morning. There was a lot of positivity in the GDT when the game ended, including GRR's Marchand/goalie hug pics.

Very true. Whining about the whiners always strikes me as such an odd way to spend your time.

There are positive fans, negative fans, good takes, bad takes, and every shade in between. Whatever floats your boat, it's all good.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Game closer than score suggests. Vas needed to stop Freddy and Pasta, who had only forehand opportunity . . . again, needs to be saved.

Kucherov is a beast . . . offensively. He's slated to be a 130+ point guy this year and projects to a -18. Granted . . .some of that is on goalie and defense.

Lauko 7:46 of ice-time??

Aussie Bruin has mentioned it frequently and I concur; would like to see more balanced ice-time. Mac getting 24+ minutes a game is not how I'd approach his load mngt.

Good contributions across Top 3 lines lately. Would like to at least see some sandpaper from 4th line
Something to consider with McAvoy’s minutes up against his peers.
F4B3D03D-AAC3-4B44-A521-E5DF8D6FCF4E.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Something to consider with McAvoy’s minutes up against his peers.
View attachment 798292

There's a league-wide upwards trend in the minutes given to the top players. I've acknowledged as such previously. In that sense Monty is just one of the herd, and fair enough. I just think that caution in the amount of load placed on your best players is sensible and could be telling once the playoffs hit. No fixed rule that "it must be no more than this", or anything like that, just a mindfulness that every minute adds up.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad