Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - BRUINS 7 Tampa Bay 3

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have been most happy about the heaviness that is in his game now. He is strong and fights through checks, throws hits, wins boards battles, gives defense at least an honest try- he has really grown into a solid all-around player. No one will ever accuse him of being a Selke candidate, but he's come a long way in that area.
He is an excellent goal scorer, and you are right...his game is evolving.

When you are at the games you see how much abuse he (and Brad) get from other teams.

The last couple of years he is setting up plays, speaking to the refs and helping out players. Also, he has a great attitude.

Bruins (and us) are so lucky.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
He is an excellent goal scorer, and you are right...his game is evolving.

When you are at the games you see how much abuse he (and Brad) get from other teams.

The last couple of years he is setting up plays, speaking to the refs and helping out players. Also, he has a great attitude.

Bruins (and us) are so lucky.
His development from a Bambi- like rookie who got knocked over multiple times a game to a high end elite scorer to now a complete all aspects super star has been fun to watch

I originally had Charlie McAvoy pegged as the next C but Pasta has made me stop and ponder that choice....Pasta is turning out to be a leader as well as an exceptional talent

what a nice choice to have to make someday when Brad hangs them up,

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
His development from a Bambi- like rookie who got knocked over multiple times a game to a high end elite scorer to now a complete all aspects super star has been fun to watch

I originally had Charlie McAvoy pegged as the next C but Pasta has made me stop and ponder that choice....Pasta is turning out to be a leader as well as an exceptional talent

what a nice choice to have to make someday when Brad hangs them up,
I am thinking the same thing.

He also is interviewed often and speaks for the team.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I have been most happy about the heaviness that is in his game now. He is strong and fights through checks, throws hits, wins boards battles, gives defense at least an honest try- he has really grown into a solid all-around player. No one will ever accuse him of being a Selke candidate, but he's come a long way in that area.

Absolutely. He's always been willing to get his body in there but this is the first year that I've really noticed that his body has now matched his will when he decides to go at it. He may fall short of 60 goals this year but I feel right now we are watching the best version of an elite player who has now realized he has the strength to go with the skills.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Just two pages? So what we've learned!

1) it was a mistake sending Poitras to the WJ (he'd learn nothing and we desperately needed him here)
2) Heinen, JVR and Shatty were horrible signings
3) Coyle is not a top 6F
4) Pasta isn't worth 11M

How am I doing?

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

1) it was a mistake sending Poitras to the WJ (he'd learn nothing and we desperately needed him here)
3) Coyle is not a top 6F
4) Pasta isn't worth 11M

How am I doing?

You forgot Frederic won’t be worth any raise he gets and isn’t going to produce without Hall and Coyle.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Not bad...Not bad at all

3) Coyle is not a top 6F
4) Pasta isn't worth 11M

How am I doing?
You filled in well for all of the losers who hate when the Bs win. If they had lost this PGT would be much longer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

3) Coyle is not a top 6F
4) Pasta isn't worth 11M

How am I doing?
Get a kick out of people saying where are all the negative posters today ,not enough so I will bring them up.Lol

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Get a kick out of people saying where are all the negative posters today ,not enough so I will bring them up.Lol
I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be a "fan"of a team and always look toward the negative aspects. Today's NHL, all teams have issues due to the CAP. We have a nice team that will be even better next year. Try to enjoy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
good solid win, Bolts missing a few key pieces on the back end and this certainly isn`t the 4 lines deep Bolts teams we`ve seen in the past which is why their record is what it is
Freddy continues to impress, Poitras played reasonably well considering all the travel in the last few weeks

Jeannot knocked out by Freddie hit, likely to see some fisticuffs when they meet (I think it`s sometime in February)

Vasilevskiy does not look at all like his former self

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I know that the NHL is so bad at marketing its basically become a meme, but for the last few seasons I have felt that Pasta needs to be a player they push nationally to grow the game. Great player, great story, and a truly fun personality. He's the exact type of player you want as a face of your league, not some of the robots (McDavid) or creepy looking (I won't mention) guys that normally are used as faces.

Maybe he's pushed more nationally than I realize, but it feels like a huge ball drop by the NHL.

I'm glad he's going to be a career Bruin.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I have a hard time understanding how anyone can be a "fan"of a team and always look toward the negative aspects. Today's NHL, all teams have issues due to the CAP. We have a nice team that will be even better next year. Try to enjoy
It’s all about the playoffs for me after last season ,regular season is like one long exhibition ,will see what happens,would like to see some improvements to the team before,but not gamble the future doing it. Haven’t really given next season much thought,I know they will have more cap space,but also have to resign some key players and replace many of the current roster.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I understand that its a bridge year with no resources so getting good production from guys like Geekie and JVR are huge in terms of getting into the playoffs and winning a round or two.

But people still shouldn't be expecting us to win a cup this year. The Bruins #1 need is still a 1C, points aside Geekie and Zacha ain't it. Coyle is definitely playing the part of a 2c which is great, I thought Zacha would take a step but he hasn't really and in between goals every so often the now Geekie line is getting caved when matched up against the other teams best.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Never seen a replay of Poitras getting the bloody nose what got him high stick,glove?Got a kick out of Tampa coach being upset there wasn’t a wistle because a Bruin player was hurt.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad