GDT: Game 38: Arizona Coyotes @ Anaheim Ducks | 12/29/18 8:00 p.m. MST | FS-A

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Galchenyuk, Schmaltz and Vinnie were our best line by a far margin

I didn't think Hinostroza was terribly effectively individually though. So I can see a straight swap with him and Keller.

Particularly if Richardson is ready tomorrow as he and Hinostroza usually play together.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
They started the game so f***ing slow and looked terrible. Glad they picked it up as the game went on. Hill made some huge saves throughout. Galchenyuk is starting to look really good. Schmaltzy still racking up the points.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
FQXFOFT.png

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I can’t believe Hill didn’t get a star tonight.
He's so great that this is just expected from him by now. :laugh:
Looking forward to Grabner returning. Throw Hayton, Dvorak and another decent draft pick into this mix and we're going to have ourselves a decent team in a few years. It feels to me this team is starting to change direction.

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
He's so great that this is just expected from him by now. :laugh:
Looking forward to Grabner returning. Throw Hayton, Dvorak and another decent draft pick into this mix and we're going to have ourselves a decent team in a few years. It feels to me this team is starting to change direction.

Another great defensive prospect is needed.
Hopefully hammer can give us some more years...

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Great comeback win, they found their legs in the 3rd.
Love those perseverance wins.
I agree with those that say Hill should have received a star, he made some big saves to keep it close.
And what is it about going on the PK that makes this team come alive?!? They seem to have their best chances offensively when they're short-handed.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If we can get Jack Hughes or Kakko trade Hayton to Vancouver for Quinn Hughes. Fun to dream but
Vancouver needs Quinn more than we do.

Playoff teams are not eligible for the lottery.

I watched the Ducks feed. A game they felt they should have won. Great character win for us. Let's end 2018 on a high note.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This team is well coached.
RT is rubbing off on them.
Yes we lack real high end talent to do anything.
But the team finally plays inside the perimeter and scraps for the puck.
That's very encouraging. I cant stand the way they played at the beginning of the season when everyone was talking about "all those shots on net".
We wont sniff the playoffs this year but RT has those younger guys understanding what it takes to play this game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Right? It's an incredibly simple rule. If you see white between the puck and the red line, it's a goal.
If that would have been a birds eye view you would see even more white. I guess because it was originally called a no goal they needed 100% proof to over turn the call, which I thought there was.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This team is well coached.
RT is rubbing off on them.
Yes we lack real high end talent to do anything.
But the team finally plays inside the perimeter and scraps for the puck.
That's very encouraging. I cant stand the way they played at the beginning of the season when everyone was talking about "all those shots on net".
We wont sniff the playoffs this year but RT has those younger guys understanding what it takes to play this game.
I think Garland is rubbing off on them. He has the speed, hands and determination.

Reactions: MIG

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Schmaltz is much much better than I expected. He's going to be expensive.
His addition seems to have really sparked Keller and Galchenyuk, too. So it’s not just his uptick in production but those around him.

Strome wasn’t having that impact from the 4th line, amazingly. Simply moving Strome up to the top line may have had the same effect. We will never know. It doesn’t really matter, though, since Schmaltz is getting it done.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They started the game so ****ing slow and looked terrible. Glad they picked it up as the game went on. Hill made some huge saves throughout. Galchenyuk is starting to look really good. Schmaltzy still racking up the points.
If it wasn't for Hill playing like Raanta, and Gibson playing unusually bad this would have been over in the first period. But, hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. The team got a lucky bounce on Fischer's goal, got the momentum, a little luck (for a change) and we won. Give the boys credit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad