GDT: Game 38: Arizona Coyotes @ Anaheim Ducks | 12/29/18 8:00 p.m. MST | FS-A

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Garland has more skill than kempe/archibald, you need that too. Lets get to the playoffs first before we worry about physical presence being a problem.
I think physical presence is a problem now. I want a Tkachuk type player, you know, a player with size, grit and pretty good speed, and I will give you all of Cousin, Kempe, Archibald and a couple of others.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
FURocious...I like it. :wg:

Coyote.jpg
That would be a good logo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This statistics really needs to be based on ice-time, not games played, IMHO.

Basing it on ice time has its uses but I don't like it at a glance. Can give weird outliers sometimes.

In this case though it doesn't and he's still the least productive :laugh:
upload_2018-12-30_17-15-23.png

Garland is 5th btw.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
More p60 vs per game "fun":

I compared their ranks in each category (minimum TOI applied)
Per gamePer 60m
CLAYTON.KELLER11
NICK.SCHMALTZ23
ALEX.GALCHENYUK32
DYLAN.STROME45
DEREK.STEPAN59
MICHAEL.GRABNER65
VINNIE.HINOSTROZA77
RICHARD.PANIK811
CONOR.GARLAND96
BRAD.RICHARDSON1010
NICK.COUSINS118
CHRISTIAN.FISCHER1213
JOSH.ARCHIBALD1312
BRENDAN.PERLINI1414
LAWSON.CROUSE1515
MARIO.KEMPE1616
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

They are very similar up and down with a few exceptions. Stepan is the meat shield, that's his job. His points per 60 is going to be worse than his per game. I don't think this is a negative or a positive about Stepan himself. It does say we need a real 1C though which is duh.

Panik does worse, but we all know he's playing up a line than where he should be.

Garland obviously does better but we don't yet know if it will scale.

Cousins also does better based on ice time but I think we know his won't scale.

Everyone else is pretty well bang on, which is why I usually don't worry about it much and think per game is mostly fine.

And then there's Strome :laugh:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Garland has more skill than kempe/archibald, you need that too. Lets get to the playoffs first before we worry about physical presence being a problem.
Well it's true a physical presence is more important in the playoffs but you still need one in the regular season.
Coyotes are practically built to play in a women's league (sorry to the women in this forum no disrespect).

Reactions: Jakey53

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
No cup? I think he plays with more cup than most of our team. He wins board battles all the time. He goes to the net, seems to have no fear. He is a very smart and shifty player. Will it last? Who knows.
I need to see more of him. As he relaxes a bit maybe he will learn to actually slow the game down and seem less frantic.
As a call up he's got that desperate look to his game and lacks fear. IT's a good thing if he can keep it up.
I'm just tired of these fast small finesse players the coyotes have. Chyka loves talking about the need for speed in the NHL but he's too focused on that. His analytics don't measure the grit I guess.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->