GDT: Game #38 - 01.04.15 - at Chicago - 7:00 PM - NBCSN - 570 AM KLIF

Primetimey*

I never stayed around for a replay but what is with the Kari hate? Spezza let Sharp just drive to the net and get a shot away free in the slot..

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Can I remind everyone that Kari played a back-to-back? Yes he gave up a horrible goal but he gave us a solid performance for a tired goalie otherwise.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Good play by Keith on that OT goal. Froze everyone on that OT winner.

Got the point we were wanting.

I'm ok with the result tonight as I didn't expect a point tonight.

Re-group for Tuesday.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry but blaming Lehtonen doesn't fly for me. He is playing two games back to back because Lindback sucks and Nill miscalculated by signing him. If the Stars had a real backup Lehtonen sits tonight.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Lol y'all need to chill. Kari has been great lately and had a bad game on a back to back which is actually extremely common for goalies. He also wasn't even that bad. There were some ****** defensive breakdowns in that game.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Can I remind everyone that Kari played a back-to-back? Yes he gave up a horrible goal but he gave us a solid performance for a tired goalie otherwise.

Kari blew another game by letting in a goal that junior goalies don't let score. He blew it again late, plain and simple and it's just more excuses for him.

NukeJukes43

Lol y'all need to chill. Kari has been great lately and had a bad game on a back to back which is actually extremely common for goalies. He also wasn't even that bad. There were some ****** defensive breakdowns in that game.

Nah. Kari hasn't been great, just back to where he should be playing. It doesn't matter how good you play if those are the kinds of goals you'll allow in when the game is on the line like that. He's done it enough time to be noticeable. I don't think anyone needs to "chill" on Kari. He needs to show up when it counts. So far he hasn't done that once this year.

I don't wanna keep saying "that should never go in", when I watch Kari play.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Kari blew another game by letting in a goal that junior goalies don't let score. He blew it again late, plain and simple and it's just more excuses for him.

He was playing games back to back which wouldn't happen if the Stars could trust their backup goaltending. Soft goals like that are what happen when goaltenders are fatigued and its no coincidence it happened near the end of the game.

Primetimey*

Why arent you whining about the terrible defensive play by Spezza who let his man go untouched to the net and score?

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
The only penalty they've called on Chicago in any of the time we've been up there was with 1:31 left in the 3rd of the 6-2 loss.

Other than that, it's 7-0 Hawks.

The blackhawks broadcast actually mentioned late in the 3rd they played 3 or 4 seconds with an extra man before they realized and one of their guys jumped off. Penalties were only being called one way tonight.

I'm sorry, we can all agree that the backup goaltending has been horrendous but Kari has been one of the 3 or 4 worst starters in the league this year. You can't blame the defence anymore, it's been fine the last month. Lehtonen has not raised his game one iota in that time. He's still hovering just above a .900 save percentage on the season which is simply not acceptable for somebody being paid the money he is. It's been the difference in 5+ games already this year for the Stars, and if we miss the playoffs all the blame goes on him if it continues.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Nah. Kari hasn't been great, just back to where he should be playing. It doesn't matter how good you play if those are the kinds of goals you'll allow in when the game is on the line like that. He's done it enough time to be noticeable. I don't anyone needs to "chill" on Kari. He needs to show up when it counts. So far he hasn't done that once this year.

Thats ********.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Some of yyou guys are ****ing insane for blaming the loss on Kari. How about blaming Daley for staring inside the net on the first goal (like he loves to do), or Spezza on the last. But yeah, **** Kari, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad