GDT: Game #38 - 01.04.15 - at Chicago - 7:00 PM - NBCSN - 570 AM KLIF

slim to nill*

That was a decent loss. We should have put in Lindback for overtime. Kari has got to be the worst goalie towards the end of the game and OT. If Klingberg didn't block Kane's shot it would have been yet another super quick OT loss. It's also amazing how many times he gives up a goal right after we score.

Daley sucks and goose needs to rest.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Something has happened with Oleksiak. Not sure if somebody sat him down, or maybe he just got a new girlfriend. But man he looks ****ing fantastic lately.

Ritchie-Fiddler-Moen has been a really damn good trio that will bring tons of pressure on the opposition anytime they hit the ice. I wouldn't split them up until some droughts start.

I feel like Eakin is seeing his last couple of weeks in Dallas. He's a fantastic possession style of player, but under this system Ruff has, he's invisible. I wish this team would transition over to a more sustainable style already. Makes a lot of players look left out, or hard for others to come into.

Daley, Goligoski, and Jodie all had some very laughable defensive mistakes tonight. Like really ****ing bad.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Something has happened with Oleksiak. Not sure if somebody sat him down, or maybe he just got a new girlfriend. But man he looks ****ing fantastic lately.

Ritchie-Fiddler-Moen has been a really damn good trio that will bring tons of pressure on the opposition anytime they hit the ice. I wouldn't split them up until some droughts start.

I feel like Eakin is seeing his last couple of weeks in Dallas. He's a fantastic possession style of player, but under this system Ruff has, he's invisible. I wish this team would transition over to a more sustainable style already. Makes a lot of players look left out, or hard for others to come into.

Daley, Goligoski, and Jodie all had some very laughable defensive mistakes tonight. Like really ****ing bad.

Fanny.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't think its a system, I just think its him as a player. He's a 20-30 point guy so hes going to have periods where he struggles.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Good point against a tough team on the road. Thought Dallas played really well for 2 periods but about 5-7 minutes into the 3rd the legs just died and Chicago did what they do.

Hey Strader, who the hell is Klingman? The Dallas defenseman is John Klingberg. Pro tip, Dutch=man, Swedish=berg. It's not that hard.

Oleksiak and Klingberg looked good but man Jordie and Daley had some terrible defensive derps.

Two really beautiful goals, followed by defensive lapses. That's been a problem all year.

Kari shouldn't have started, though he played great till that last goal against. Need him to make that big save and he didn't.

The rookies all played well. That's a sign Ruff. Trust them.

MetalGodAOD*

Klingberg played 23 minutes, all ES. 1A and +3. Yea Ruff, so much for limiting his minutes. He's our #1 Dman, I'm glad you realized it.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
It wasn't the loss itself that was hard to take, to be honest expected a loss tonight. But it really sucks that we got scheduled to play Chicago on the second night of b2b 3 times in their building this year. Thats a ridiculous advantage for the league to hand them vs a divisional opponent. And if that wasn't bad enough so far the PP discrepancy in those two games we've played in Chicago so far is 7-1 in their favor.

Refs want to call a loose game where they let everything go, fine. Thats not what happened though, all three of the Calls against us were marginal, and things they had been letting go all night, but the too many men call was ridiculously bad, and even worse they let Chicago get away with one even worse later on in the game. Call the game evenly, and I'm not talking about make up calls, just call the penalties the same regardless of jersey color.

At least we got a point tonight, despite the odds against and refs against us.

Next year though I really wish teams not in the leagues favor would push for more balanced schedules, if one team is on a b2b the other team has to be on one too. At the very least balance it out, so you play the same opponent when they are on a b2b next time. I mean really, does Chicago need the league to give them additional advantages.

Ok rant over

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
It wasn't the loss itself that was hard to take, to be honest expected a loss tonight. But it really sucks that we got scheduled to play Chicago on the second night of b2b 3 times in their building this year. Thats a ridiculous advantage for the league to hand them vs a divisional opponent. And if that wasn't bad enough so far the PP discrepancy in those two games we've played in Chicago so far is 7-1 in their favor.

Refs want to call a loose game where they let everything go, fine. Thats not what happened though, all three of the Calls against us were marginal, and things they had been letting go all night, but the too many men call was ridiculously bad, and even worse they let Chicago get away with one even worse later on in the game. Call the game evenly, and I'm not talking about make up calls, just call the penalties the same regardless of jersey color.

At least we got a point tonight, despite the odds against and refs against us.

Next year though I really wish teams not in the leagues favor would push for more balanced schedules, if one team is on a b2b the other team has to be on one too. At the very least balance it out, so you play the same opponent when they are on a b2b next time. I mean really, does Chicago need the league to give them additional advantages.

Ok rant over

I thought our B2B's w/ Chicago felt a bit too frequent.. Had no idea. Wtf.

Oh well, got a point. Not too terribad.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Jordie

Can someone explain to me why Jordie Benn is in the lineup? Is it because Ruff wants to please Jamie Benn?

I just dont get it.

I watched the game and Jordie sticks out like a sore thumb every time he is on the ice. I mean Daley might make some mistakes but Jordie is just so air headed that his mistakes are just those of an AHL defenseman. On the Toews goal he stepped up on his man in a 2 on 1 situation really...so stupid.

Sit Jordie and play Schlemko with Demers...I think that would be an excellent 3rd pairing. The other 2 pairings have been decent actually.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Can someone explain to me why Jordie Benn is in the lineup? Is it because Ruff wants to please Jamie Benn?

I just dont get it.

I watched the game and Jordie sticks out like a sore thumb every time he is on the ice. I mean Daley might make some mistakes but Jordie is just so air headed that his mistakes are just those of an AHL defenseman. On the Toews goal he stepped up on his man in a 2 on 1 situation really...so stupid.

Sit Jordie and play Schlemko with Demers...I think that would be an excellent 3rd pairing. The other 2 pairings have been decent actually.

He scored that goal last night, that guaranteed him at least the rest of the season in the line up.

Ampersand

I will now fight anyone that says Chicago has a good broadcast team. Between all the Dominic Roussels and the Demers/Dillon mixups, the color guy was even mixing up Toews and Kane in the intermission interviews.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
I will now fight anyone that says Chicago has a good broadcast team. Between all the Dominic Roussels and the Demers/Dillon mixups, the color guy was even mixing up Toews and Kane in the intermission interviews.

That wasn't Chicagos broadcast team though? Wasn't it the the NBC B team. I used to really like Strader back when the games were on ESPN, but last night was embarrassing, no clue who anyone was. Not just the name thing either, at one point credited Ritchie with a good defensive stop when it was Klingberg, not sure how you confuse a 25 and a 3.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yeah Strader has always been one of my favorites and was happy when I first heard his voice last night. Disappointing.

I'm just happy to get a point frankly considering the situation they keep getting put in at Chicago, and refs calling things one way.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
He scored that goal last night, that guaranteed him at least the rest of the season in the line up.

I cringed when he touched the puck initially, but I thought he was at least passable last night.

And Oleksiak, not perfect.. but looked pretty great to me.
Good game all around. .. bummer we lost it right away in OT

Ampersand

That wasn't Chicagos broadcast team though? Wasn't it the the NBC B team. I used to really like Strader back when the games were on ESPN, but last night was embarrassing, no clue who anyone was. Not just the name thing either, at one point credited Ritchie with a good defensive stop when it was Klingberg, not sure how you confuse a 25 and a 3.

Ah you're right, that explains it. Yeah, either way it was brutal last night.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think for a nationally televised game, they should use one guy from each team. Like putting Ralph with Chicago's colour guy, or vice-versa. That way there wouldn't be the cringe-worthy bias that we saw last night, with two pro-Chicago clowns calling the game for a national audience who otherwise never gets to see Dallas play.

3rd Line

Feb 2, 2014
Daley’s Hockey IQ???

I originally thought Spezza lost the defensive face-off on the Game Winner. But Spezza actually wins that draw – right to where Daley WAS. If you go back to the replay (the view from behind the net is best) – you see Daley lined up along the boards (beside Keith). For some mysterious reason, he takes 2 strides toward Kari before the puck was even dropped. Spezza then wins the draw. Next, an unmolested Keith simply reaches into Daley’s deserted post to secure the puck and carry it back to the point. And the rest is history.

So why does Daley even line up there in the first place, if he wants to get to the net?

When the puck goes to his spot, he appears to do an “uh-oh”, and he goes back to get the puck – but too late – Keith’s got it and Trevor chases him all the way to the point (wait a minute, I thought Trevor had important business to take care of in front of the net).

Daley’s Hockey IQ was the primary contributor to the Game Winner. Not Spezza. And not the unfortunate bounce off of Kari’s stick.

This is not a case of heat-of-the-moment decision making. This is premeditated face-off strategy, which was inconsistent with his reaction after the puck was dropped. A mixed up mind. I am sure Lindy and Nill are studying the film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad