GDT: Game 37 Coyotes @ Oilers 620 AM Radio only

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You guys don't know what your talking about. Duclair has been making a ton of mistakes the last few games. If Duclair wants more minutes, make less mistakes, it's really that simple.

And it is where he makes them. Offensive zone penalties and defensive zone turnovers, both kill us and Tip hates it. That is why Duclair's minutes are limited right now.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What a lovely way for Tippett to reward his team for a fairly solid regulation, by sending out unbelievably terrible combinations in OT, and then royally ****ing the shootout lineup.

We got a point on the road, almost had 2. I'm happy with that and our second place, in the playoffs at almost the half way mark, position! Who would have thought?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Boedker has been one of three or four best Coyotes all year and plays a very solid two way game and deserves the minutes he is getting. Vermette has been playing much better of late.

Agreed, Vermette has been much better the last 15 games or so.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Agreed, Vermette has been much better the last 15 games or so.
Vermette played a decent game last night. I thought most of the team did. Murphy was a bit off on several plays but nothing that really hurt us. Reider was really good and Martinook really impresses me how he almost came out of no where to become such a dependable, hard working player. I think he is the hardest working player we have and I wonder if he might become as good as Reider.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Apparently the main board wasn't as impressed with domi's pass than I was.

You can't make a better play than that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

It's because you failed to credit Reinhart or Marner for the play in the OP. It wouldn't have been locked if you did the right thing. Rookie move SR. I expect more from you.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I forgot to mention how Doan and Martinook seem to be developing some great Chemistry and I am really happy to see Martinook is a guy who is not scared to do his work in the corners.

Yeah, that Nook-Richy-Doan 3rd line would make an amazing 4th line next season. Let's hope we have some guys step up that can push the depth chart down a bit.

Domi-Strome-Boedker
Rieder-Hanzal-Duclair
Dvorak-Vermette-Tikh
Nook-Richardson-Doan

Those are four lines that can all get a ton of ice time and all make a difference in the game. When all of your 4th liners can easily handle 16+mins, and be effective, impact players, you've got some special depth. We just need The likes of Strome, Dvorak, and Tikhonov to progress well enough to make it possible.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Duclair +3 (2nd best)
Boedker -15 (worst on team)

:popcorn:

Boedker plays in every situation and plays a ton of minutes. Duclair, well let's just say he is learning on the job.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We got a point on the road, almost had 2. I'm happy with that and our second place, in the playoffs at almost the half way mark, position! Who would have thought?

This year is not about wins or where we end up, rather seeing the kids progress and start chemistry etc. That's my opinion anyway.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, that Nook-Richy-Doan 3rd line would make an amazing 4th line next season. Let's hope we have some guys step up that can push the depth chart down a bit.

Domi-Strome-Boedker
Rieder-Hanzal-Duclair
Dvorak-Vermette-Tikh
Nook-Richardson-Doan

Those are four lines that can all get a ton of ice time and all make a difference in the game. When all of your 4th liners can easily handle 16+mins, and be effective, impact players, you've got some special depth. We just need The likes of Strome, Dvorak, and Tikhonov to progress well enough to make it possible.

I could live with that line up.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Vermette played a decent game last night. I thought most of the team did. Murphy was a bit off on several plays but nothing that really hurt us. Reider was really good and Martinook really impresses me how he almost came out of no where to become such a dependable, hard working player. I think he is the hardest working player we have and I wonder if he might become as good as Reider.

I like Martinook a lot, plays in many situations. Out of camp I was wondering if he would stick or fade like Lessio a few years ago. I think he is here to stay, has not been scratched this year yet, as I recall. Forwards like him and Reider that can be tough in the corner and play with few mistakes are great for the team.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Duclair +3 (2nd best)
Boedker -15 (worst on team)

:popcorn:

I don't agree with the benching of duke at all, but plus minus is a pretty bleh stat.

It was amazing, landed right on duke's tape. The one to doan a few games back was even better, doan's reaction was priceless, sometimes you just shake your head at skill that insane.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I like Martinook a lot, plays in many situations. Out of camp I was wondering if he would stick or fade like Lessio a few years ago. I think he is here to stay, has not been scratched this year yet, as I recall. Forwards like him and Reider that can be tough in the corner and play with few mistakes are great for the team.

Martinook is the surprise of the year. Love the way he plays.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This year is not about wins or where we end up, rather seeing the kids progress and start chemistry etc. That's my opinion anyway.:)

I don't disagree but I do think creating a hard working/responsible/accountable culture and having some success along the way is important for long term goals.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't agree with the benching of duke at all, but plus minus is a pretty bleh stat.

It was amazing, landed right on duke's tape. The one to doan a few games back was even better, doan's reaction was priceless, sometimes you just shake your head at skill that insane.

Nothing wrong with benching or scratching a kid and it usually helps them not hurt them. Look at Murphy as an example. It takes time to adjust to the NHL and sometimes you have to just sit and watch. Duclair will be fine if he listens to his coaches.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nothing wrong with benching or scratching a kid and it usually helps them not hurt them. Look at Murphy as an example. It takes time to adjust to the NHL and sometimes you have to just sit and watch. Duclair will be fine if he listens to his coaches.

Tip hasn't scratched Duke, so he still has enough confidence in him to not go that far, yet. This board would erupt if that happens, but I agree, look at Murphy, a much better player after the scratch.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)

Domi-Strome-Boedker
Rieder-Hanzal-Duclair
Dvorak-Vermette-Tikh
Nook-Richardson-Doan

That line up would win games for sure.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
"I'm not a huge believer in plus/minus, but when you have a large variance, it means something's not right" - Dave Tippett

Where is your God now?

Lol well played. I'm not a pro tip poster so it doesn't matter to me what he says on the matter but that's funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad