GDT: Game 37 Coyotes @ Oilers 620 AM Radio only

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
What the ****, why send Vermette out? Duclair has the highest shooting percentage in the league and you don't use him in the shootout? *flips table*

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I start hoping we trail in games because then Tippet is forcef to open up play and things start to get fun

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
What a lovely way for Tippett to reward his team for a fairly solid regulation, by sending out unbelievably terrible combinations in OT, and then royally ****ing the shootout lineup.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Columbus, Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto make up the bottom four. When does McSavoir return? I'm gonna be pissed if Edmonton is in the bottom 5 at the end of the season and has a good chance (10% or more) at Matthews.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Columbus, Buffalo, Edmonton, Toronto make up the bottom four. When does McSavoir return? I'm gonna be pissed if Edmonton is in the bottom 5 at the end of the season and has a good chance (10% or more) at Matthews.
I believe McJesus has begun skating and stick handling drills, so he's probably not far away.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I think I actually screamed "VERMETTE?" about 10 times when they called his name :shakehead . Of course, then he did a "dilly dally lull 'em to sleep" move. Tippett must have showed Vermette that one. I'm still dumbfounded and flabbergasted at Vermette being in the top 3 of the shootout.

We might as well trade Duclair the way Tippett's been treating/playing him. I mean, sure, he makes some mistakes, but he should definitely be in the shootout order LONG before Vermette. Of course, perhaps Tippett's trying to get fired so he can go to a team that has few (if any) young players to help develop.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
We might as well trade Duclair the way Tippett's been treating/playing him. I mean, sure, he makes some mistakes, but he should definitely be in the shootout order LONG before Vermette. Of course, perhaps Tippett's trying to get fired so he can go to a team that has few (if any) young players to help develop.

Good point. Tippet's use of Duclair has been bizarre. Hopefully Chayka or somebody sets him straight. Duclair turning the puck over because he's actually attempting to make an offensive play is no worse (given no odd-man rush) than a veteran who dumps it in because he doesn't have the speed to get into the zone. Tippet just likes to focus on one and ignore the other.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think I actually screamed "VERMETTE?" about 10 times when they called his name :shakehead . Of course, then he did a "dilly dally lull 'em to sleep" move. Tippett must have showed Vermette that one. I'm still dumbfounded and flabbergasted at Vermette being in the top 3 of the shootout.

Good point. Tippet's use of Duclair has been bizarre. Hopefully Chayka or somebody sets him straight. Duclair turning the puck over because he's actually attempting to make an offensive play is no worse (given no odd-man rush) than a veteran who dumps it in because he doesn't have the speed to get into the zone. Tippet just likes to focus on one and ignore the other.

You guys don't know what your talking about. Duclair has been making a ton of mistakes the last few games. If Duclair wants more minutes, make less mistakes, it's really that simple.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What the ****, why send Vermette out? Duclair has the highest shooting percentage in the league and you don't use him in the shootout? *flips table*

As you may or may not know, the teams practices 3x3 and shoot outs in practice and that usually gives the coaches an idea who is looking good and who is not.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
As you may or may not know, the teams practices 3x3 and shoot outs in practice and that usually gives the coaches an idea who is looking good and who is not.

Vermette really "rocked" it in the shootout! At least Duclair would most likely not make a defensive flub on the shootout :)

VERMETTE?!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
You guys don't know what your talking about. Duclair has been making a ton of mistakes the last few games. If Duclair wants more minutes, make less mistakes, it's really that simple.

Yeah, cuz Vermette has been playing so soundly, to earn his 20+ minutes a night. And Boedker, despite scoring a goal or two, has been a defensive rock, and hasn't done anything stupid, leading to multiple breakaways for the other team, over the last 3 or 4 games. Better give him more than the 23 minutes he had tonight, going forward, because his defense has been so great lately.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, cuz Vermette has been playing so soundly, to earn his 20+ minutes a night. And Boedker, despite scoring a goal or two, has been a defensive rock, and hasn't done anything stupid, leading to multiple breakaways for the other team, over the last 3 or 4 games. Better give him more than the 23 minutes he had tonight, going forward, because his defense has been so great lately.

Boedker has been one of three or four best Coyotes all year and plays a very solid two way game and deserves the minutes he is getting. Vermette has been playing much better of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad