GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Tampa Bay | 12/26 7PM EST

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Hartnell did not try to injure him.

Tortorella is the coach....the players play and no coach could polish this turd right now.

If you want to criticize JD/Jarmo...now you may very have have a good point

From what I saw from my view of the ice Hartnell did indeed intentionally targeted Bishop. I didn't see it on TV yet but even a couple other Blue Jackets fan standing next to me thought the same thing. I was actually rooting with the Bolts fans in throwing him out of the game.
I got a feeling that we won't be seeing Hartnell on the ice for a while. You don't blatantly target a goalie in the NHL and expect a minor punishment in the NHL. If that happens he deserves it in my opinion.

I agree we sucked long before John Tortorella but I guarantee you he is NOT going to make things any better. I could be wrong on that of course.

Regarding JD and Jarmo you don't want to know what I really think of those two. What I wrote about Davidson last post I was being nice compared what I really think.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Actually took a road trip from Carolina to this game. The penalties killed them... Yeah I know I am a genius.
On another downer that was my worst away experience ever. The fans around me were awful. They put the camera on the couple beside me so I took my jersey and held it behind them. Then an old man with them grabs it and starts pulling. I tell him to let go but of course he doesn't. Dude almost ripped my jersey. The crowd was yelling at me. The cameraman approached the usher and tried to get me ejected. I said nothing vulgar and confrontational, I didn't touch anyone, all I did was hold up my jersey and the dude tried to rip it from my hands.. Man those fans are touchy.
Later the people around me cheered when Joey got hurt. I felt like I was in Philly.
Worst away experience ever. FL tomorrow night, let's hope that goes better for both the CBJ and me. :)

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Hartnell did not try to injure him.

Tortorella is the coach....the players play and no coach could polish this turd right now.

If you want to criticize JD/Jarmo...now you may very have have a good point

Sad part is we don't have roster spots to bring up young talent because of all the bad contracts. It's going to take awhile to unwind this mess. Squarely at the feet of Kek

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Actually took a road trip from Carolina to this game. The penalties killed them... Yeah I know I am a genius.
On another downer that was my worst away experience ever. The fans around me were awful. They put the camera on the couple beside me so I took my jersey and held it behind them. Then an old man with them grabs it and starts pulling. I tell him to let go but of course he doesn't. Dude almost ripped my jersey. The crowd was yelling at me. The cameraman approached the usher and tried to get me ejected. I said nothing vulgar and confrontational, I didn't touch anyone, all I did was hold up my jersey and the dude tried to rip it from my hands.. Man those fans are touchy.
Later the people around me cheered when Joey got hurt. I felt like I was in Philly.
Worst away experience ever. FL tomorrow night, let's hope that goes better for both the CBJ and me. :)

The Lightning are my second fav team and I go to all their games on weekends and me and another Jackets fans had similar issues. We were not talking smack or anything but a few Lightning fans took it upon themselves to hurl obscenities in our direction.
I want to make clear most Lightning fans are by and large great fans. Every team has its share of classless fans (including the CBJs).

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
They said Campbell used his glove to cover the puck during the face-off..

Hartnell's was obvious but a bit excessive in ruling.. unfortunately when its a charging major the player automatically gets a game misconduct..

Actually, he didnt have to cover the puck. Just using his hand to pass the puck from the face off dot to another player is enough for the penalty that was called. It was the right call and another stupid play.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Actually, he didnt have to cover the puck. Just using his hand to pass the puck from the face off dot to another player is enough for the penalty that was called. It was the right call and another stupid play.

Was just going off what not only Reimer/Jody said but, also Bob McElligot on the radio.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Interesting as I was reading a few CBJ fans on Twitter who were having similar issues with TBL fans chirping a lot/yelling obscenities

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
From what I saw from my view of the ice Hartnell did indeed intentionally targeted Bishop. I didn't see it on TV yet but even a couple other Blue Jackets fan standing next to me thought the same thing. I was actually rooting with the Bolts fans in throwing him out of the game.
I got a feeling that we won't be seeing Hartnell on the ice for a while. You don't blatantly target a goalie in the NHL and expect a minor punishment in the NHL. If that happens he deserves it in my opinion.

I agree we sucked long before John Tortorella but I guarantee you he is NOT going to make things any better. I could be wrong on that of course.

Regarding JD and Jarmo you don't want to know what I really think of those two. What I wrote about Davidson last post I was being nice compared what I really think.

I actually think Torts IS the right man for the job. Problem is (to quote Bill Parcells) he can't make chicken salad out of chicken ***t. He can fix the undisciplined part of their game. He can't fix stupid.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

LOL that's your average night in Tampa. Best beaches in the nation, but some of the worst people in the state, and that's saying something.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Didn't see the game, again.

Did Joey get injured? I thought he was starting to get his legs back (funny, same time as last year).

How'd we end up in the box so much? That look'd to have been the game.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

Did Joey get injured? I thought he was starting to get his legs back (funny, same time as last year).

Late in the 3rd, Johansen and Bourque collided with each other at the blue line. Looked like Bourque got it worse but it was Johansen who looked like he was hurt more. I went to do laundry near the end but it sounded like Johansen came back to play a shift so it looks like he will be fine.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

04:56
CBJ Dalton Prout Cross checking against Alex Killorn
04:56
CBJ Gregory Campbell Delay Gm - Face-off Violation against Jonathan Marchessault
04:59
CBJ Jack Johnson Delaying Game-Puck over glass

So, Prout for the cross check. On ensuing faceoff, Campbell gloves the puck for a penalty. No time expires. Next faceoff clean win to JJ who clears puck over the glass for the delay of game.

It was artistry. Not many teams could pull that sequence off.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
LOL that's your average night in Tampa. Best beaches in the nation, but some of the worst people in the state, and that's saying something.

That's also where the majority of news stories involving "Florida Man" take place. Look up "Florida man" on Twitter if you want some laughs.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
I actually think Torts IS the right man for the job. Problem is (to quote Bill Parcells) he can't make chicken salad out of chicken ***t. He can fix the undisciplined part of their game. He can't fix stupid.

Stupid you mean the owners as well as John Davidson. I'd say it is me the McConnell sell the team to someone that can right this ship. Hell if they sold the team to Jack Hanna at this point it would be a step in the right direction.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's clearly the music why we've sucked all these years.

That or the owner. Yeah that's the ticket! :sarcasm:

C'mon folks. JD is extremely well respected around the league. Sometimes it takes a long time to get a team to respectability. And I say that as someone who has disliked plenty of Jarmo's moves.

I'm not asking anyone for patience. I just don't like obvious witch hunts.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
It's clearly the music why we've sucked all these years.

That or the owner. Yeah that's the ticket! :sarcasm:

C'mon folks. JD is extremely well respected around the league. Sometimes it takes a long time to get a team to respectability. And I say that as someone who has disliked plenty of Jarmo's moves.

I'm not asking anyone for patience. I just don't like obvious witch hunts.

Look at the similarities between the Blue Jackets and the Atlanta Thrashers. The Thrashers from day one were screwed because of the mismanagement of the owners which were at the time were Atlanta Spirit Inc. Year after year the Thrashers sucked which caused them to have lower attendance.
The Florida Panthers were also dealing with the same issue. Not long ago they changed owners and this year are making a huge run for the top spot in the Eastern Conference

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Look at the similarities between the Blue Jackets and the Atlanta Thrashers. The Thrashers from day one were screwed because of the mismanagement of the owners which were at the time were Atlanta Spirit Inc. Year after year the Thrashers sucked which caused them to have lower attendance.
The Florida Panthers were also dealing with the same issue. Not long ago they changed owners and this year are making a huge run for the top spot in the Eastern Conference

Yes, and Vinny Viola comes in and keeps Dale Tallon as GM. The lesson you get from this is that the new owner is the important thing, when it's clearly the case that patient development gradually brought rewards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad