GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Colorado | 1/4 8PM EST

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Would have been nice if that ENG by Foligno at the end would have counted lol
Great win nonetheless. I was so ****ing happy when I saw that puck go in. Nice to see the Jackets actually score a late one for a change.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Redemption for #58 on a rough night for him. Good on him. Like this guy alot

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
lol, not from me.

He made the game interesting.

I suspect that like you, I prefer our defensemen play defense well first, then contribute to the offense.

The good thing about Savard is that he's young. He has time to continue improving and developing into a better defender.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
McBackup played well tonight.

I think he looked pretty shaky tonight. Yeah he made some great saves, but they were REALLY awkward. He was fighting the puck most of the night and sliding around a lot creating a bunch of second chances.

Not saying he had a bad game, just every time the puck is put on net I hold my breath. I don't know if it's his style or what.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think he looked pretty shaky tonight. Yeah he made some great saves, but they were REALLY awkward. He was fighting the puck most of the night and sliding around a lot.

There were too many second chances on shots for the Avs tonight.

I agree, he made some nice saves but had me worried a lot more than he did against Boston.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think he looked pretty shaky tonight. Yeah he made some great saves, but they were REALLY awkward. He was fighting the puck most of the night and sliding around a lot creating a bunch of second chances.

Not saying he had a bad game, just every time the puck is put on net I hold my breath. I don't know if it's his style or what.

I think he looked good FOR HIM. That performance would be a bad night for Bobrovsky. (And yes, last night was a bad night for Bobrovsky)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I suspect that like you, I prefer our defensemen play defense well first, then contribute to the offense.

The good thing about Savard is that he's young. He has time to continue improving and developing into a better defender.

I won't even concede that Savard is lacking on defense. He's solid back there, wins most of his battles. I don't think he's had a night like this since 2013.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Good. A few more wins and there will be separation between us and the Flyers and then we'll be talking about fighting for the post-season.

Stars and Leafs are up next. Both offense-first teams we can easily beat if the team tightens up their play in the D-zone. With Dubi stepping up I feel this team can do anything.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Everyone needs to find video of the Savard goal from the Avs broadcast.

The color guy says, "I believe that's his first goal ever"

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I won't even concede that Savard is lacking on defense. He's solid back there, wins most of his battles. I don't think he's had a night like this since 2013.

I'll disagree with that, but I'll add that most of us on these boards are like the Romans. We don't forgive our players for their sins. We crucify them. (Case in point, see my post on McBackup)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If Cory Tropp is +7, I'm not sure I'd WANT to be positive...

For Tropper this is an anomaly. For Morin it's nothing new. He makes smart plays to keep the play alive, and takes a lot of shots, too bad he only has 2 pts so far to show for it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
For as bad as Savard was tonight for JJ to only be -1 corsi is impressive.

Right? Im a noob at advanced stats and don't entirely believe in them

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
Nice to get a win and good for Savard to get that game winning goal. You could see from that smile after the horn that he was relieved that after all of his mistakes he could help his team to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad